Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS V8, 2009 SRX 4WD V8
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 SRX that I purchased used in September (It replaced a 2005 SRX). I had to replace the left front differential in October. I purchased the part from Rippy Cadillac, NC and had it shipped to my service station in Islip, NY (not a Cadillac service place). The differential failed this week and needs to be replaced.

Rippy is willing to replace the part at no charge after I have the failed part shipped back to them. The problem is that it was very expensive to have the differential installed in the first place and now I'm going to have to have the new one re-installed (not to mention removed). When I complained about the second installation charge for a faulty part they said they couldn't compensate me for that but that they would install it for free themselves if I brought the SRX to them in North Carolina.

Well, that's not possible.

They also said that since it was a replacement part purchased new from a Cadillac dealership any Cadillac dealership should be willing to replace the part under the part's warranty. I called a local Cadillac dealership (Sarant Cadillac) and they told me they're very busy and not interested in getting involved.

Do I have any recourse other than paying to have the replacement part installed a second time?

*sigh* I guess I should just be happy that I'm able to get the part replaced for free.

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
I do not blame them for wanting to see it, this is the only way they can protect themselves from fraud.

What is a left front differential, you have 1 in the front, 1 in the rear and 1 in the center, do you mean the front differential or is this and axle or hub you changed.

Your bigger concern is finding out why it failed and see if the shop that changed it did anything wrong and is hiding it from you and passing it down to Rippy.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
They also said that since it was a replacement part purchased new from a Cadillac dealership any Cadillac dealership should be willing to replace the part under the part's warranty.
Contact Cadillac Customer service directly, maybe they can help.

BTW, what is a left front differential?

12,778 Posts
Good Morning,

I certainly understand your concern relating to this part installation, but I am glad to contact a dealership of your preference to look further into this situation. Please PM me with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and the distance you are willing to travel if this is of interest. Enjoy your weekend and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
I have a 2008 SRX that I purchased used in September (It replaced a 2005 SRX). I had to replace the left front differential in October. I purchased the part from Rippy Cadillac, NC and had it shipped to my service station in Islip, NY (not a Cadillac service place). The differential failed this week and needs to be replaced.

Rippy is willing to replace the part at no charge after I have the failed part shipped back to them. The problem is that it was very expensive to have the differential installed in the first place and now I'm going to have to have the new one re-installed (not to mention removed). When I complained about the second installation charge for a faulty part they said they couldn't compensate me for that but that they would install it for free themselves if I brought the SRX to them in North Carolina.

Well, that's not possible.

They also said that since it was a replacement part purchased new from a Cadillac dealership any Cadillac dealership should be willing to replace the part under the part's warranty. I called a local Cadillac dealership (Sarant Cadillac) and they told me they're very busy and not interested in getting involved.

Do I have any recourse other than paying to have the replacement part installed a second time?

*sigh* I guess I should just be happy that I'm able to get the part replaced for free.

I would avoid sarant service department in general. I'm going to drop my car at buzz chew tonight but if your in islip you're dealing with Atlantic or king orourke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts