Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and I just bought a 1997 concours. Wow what a car. I am trying to learn as much as possible about the car before I encounter any problems, concidering that I will be doing all of the maintenance. How do I check for trouble codes. A couple of my friends that have caddys at work tell me that theirs can be checked through the ecs panel. Does mine have that option?

Thanks for any help
Tom :cheers:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
the Concours is the sportier trim and has the 300hp N*, it is a nice car.... most probalems are just the normal N* issues.... you can check the codes by pressing OFF and WARMER on the ECC.....

.... Are you an aviation mechanic? or is that just a random user name you picked? if you are, then that is really cool, I am a student pilot, so it is neat...

Anyway, welcome to the fourms, if ya stick around, you'll find alot of great information out as well as meet alot of nice people...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I work for one of the major air lines as a line mechanic. Thanks for the advise on the message thing. I will continue to read the forums to learn as much as possible. I was a automotive mech before but not much on Cad.

Thanks again
Tom

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
that's really cool..... I just flew in a Cessna 152 today.... makin' my way up :)

anyway, yeah there is alot of info, you can also search the forums by clicking search, as alot of things have been answered and stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts