Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Cadillac Deville Convertable "Shirley"
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boys and Girls,

I just became owner of a somewhat nice 1970 Cadillac Deville Convertable!

I always wanted a Convert Caddy and this one was priced right and came on sale at the perfect time! I am not new to cars, I completely rebuilt my 1985 Dodge Omni GLH, but this Deville is no 80's car!

It has the 472, wich was converted to HEI, and the mechanical fuel pump was replaced by an electric one. The engine needs a tune up (Starts very easily, but seems sluggish and misses a bit) and I need to change the original roof since it's leaking at the rear window (The car is covered with a waterproof tarp when not in use, and I won'tg drive it in the rain)

Aside from that, it needs a paint job, since this one has alot of blemishes and rust spots here and there.... but very nice for a 20 year old paint (the car was redone sometime in the 80's). For a Canadian car, the underneath is in great shape, the frame is almost rust free and the suspension and interior were redone a few years ago.

Everything works fine (minus the dash lights, see other posts to come for help!!).

I'm really happy about my purchase and to be part of this community... when I get home from work, I will post a bit more since I need some help figuring out my dashlight problem and some help locating some parts for maintenance (sway bar bushings are GONE... even the metal holder for them on the driver side is broken!!)

Thanks for reading!

Here's a pic of my car.http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/FlamingGLH/Picture001.jpg

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Wowser, great ride!! :thumbsup: Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
FlamingGLH great frigging car. I love it. Oww and welcome.:welcome:

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Congrats on the wonderful machine... I'm rarely as jealous as I am right now :)

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Nice buy!

I miss my '70 Coupe Deville Convertible. Still on the lookout for another rust free example.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Welcome !
Superb looking car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!

I'm really happy about the car, went driving today at lunch with a buddy of mine, getting lots of thumbs up!!!

Can't wait to have some time to fix up the little things here and there that needs fixing... I can't stand having stuff to fix!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please God take flaming out of your name...:suspect:
Why is that?

Maybe it's something I'm missing??

The name comes from the fact that I had flames on the side of my GLH when I bought it!

Is it offensive? I'm sorry if I don't understand.... french guy, ya know.:hide:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts