Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just aquired a cherry maroon 85 deville, 4.1L engine. Great condition, my gramps owned it and never beat on it. Im only 17 but I learned my lesson (pics below, I wasnt speeding/wasnt my fault). I cant wait to drive it once I recover from my injuries. The only problem with it besides some cosmetic is the blower wont come on for some reason, anyone know? Heat comes out, just doesnt blow when cranked up. Thanks, I hope to enjoy my stay :d

Used to be a 1987 golf gt. I was hit by a dumptruck, only minor organ trauma and broken bones + long recovery :rolleyes:

This happened July 29th.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
All I can say after seeing those pictures is HOLY CRAP!!! :shocked:

And welcome to the forum! :welcome:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I consider myself extremely lucky to be alive and well, walking somewhat even. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My '86 DeVille had the same problem... heat but no blower. In my case it was the climate control module. Easy $35 dollar fix with a replacement from your local junkyard. You could always check the fuses and test the blower motor just to make sure it's not that. Anyways, glad to help if indeed I did help, but that's what was wrong with mine. Ryan.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
brougham said:
All I can say after seeing those pictures is HOLY CRAP!!! :shocked:

And welcome to the forum! :welcome:

:welcome:
Glad to see that you are well again after that crash. What made you get the caddy? Coming from a Gulf that is odd?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well,

I dont have a car and my gramps said he'd give me his caddy when I was in the hospital, so he did :)

Golf was pretty abused though, im not much into VWs.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ClearDark said:
Well,

I dont have a car and my gramps said he'd give me his caddy when I was in the hospital, so he did :)

Golf was pretty abused though, im not much into VWs.
So what do you think about your car? Would you get another one? what is the type of car you like?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I am new to the board and recently purchased an 85 sedan deville. My last car was a 5speed mustang that i plowed into oncoming traffic at 70mph(i was speeding). I got really lucky and clipped someones back-end. The mustang isn't totaled but its out for the season. Noone was badly hurt at all thank god. I hope you get well. Im currently tearing my entire dash appart, basically rebuilding the electrical system. My climate control doesn't work at all right now. After I get familar with the system, I'll probably have a specific answer for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome! What do you think of the 4.1? I cant find much info at all on it, like what goes wrong, HP figures, etc. You know of a 4.1 specific website?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
ClearDark said:
Awesome! What do you think of the 4.1? I cant find much info at all on it, like what goes wrong, HP figures, etc. You know of a 4.1 specific website?
uhhhh....to put it nicly.... HT4100= massive POS

really

performance?

Well, for your car, I think the hp was uped a little...

130hp

200ft lbs of tourqe..... I think (or is it 180?)

don't let it overheat, whatever you do..... change the coolent every year...

....IIRC the TBI 4.5 can be swaped in, which is a far better engine then the HT4100.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know the ht4100 is a piece, but my gramps has maintained it VERY well since 12k miles. I wont swap the 4.5 into it. I got a ht4100 rebuilt with 30k on the clock ready to go in in the spring.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
well, if it was maintained good, then I have heard of people getting a resonable amount of life out of them.....but it is just an engine that gets the car going and keeps it there.... I wouldn't expect to win any races or hottrod it out or anything.... if it runs good and dosn't have any problems, just keep the maintenace up and enjoy it.......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't expect to win any races or hottrod it out or anything

lol....with the amount of power the 4.1 has, i'd be luck to beat a yugo.

I dont think it was designed to race, lol. I dont race anyways, and the car will prove it. If I wanna race I use my 3000gt :\

1 - 16 of 16 Posts