Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is all your opinions of the new cadillac logo?? Many people i have talked to find the older logo (the one that was used all the way up until 2000) to be much better looking. But I like the newer more contemporary style much better. I want to hear some opionions of what you think of the new logo.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
What does the new one look like..... I havent seen it......

Im gonna need some visual help on this one!!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the new logo is like the one in my avatar under my screename...its on all the 2002 and up models. the older logo is the one that would will find on 80's and 90's cadillacs.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I like the old one.. I don't like the way Cads have gone since about 1981, except maybe the newer fleetwoods.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Yeah, we talked about this months ago. I'll say it again: "I really miss the duckies!" The old one seems more detailed and classy. The "old" one you refer to was used since 1966, and that's the one on my car, it looks great in gold. :worship:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ralph said:
Yeah, we talked about this months ago. I'll say it again: "I really miss the duckies!" The old one seems more detailed and classy. The "old" one you refer to was used since 1966, and that's the one on my car, it looks great in gold. :worship:
my bad i didnt know this topic was here a few months ago. I like the old one better...but i wish they would have jsut kept the one they have had since 1966. It seems whenever i get accessories for my car now, i have to make sure i have the older logo (they carry both logos on many things like licence plates, floor mats, valve stems), because i dont want the logo on anything in my car to clash. Sometime i wish i had the newer one on my car just because its the newer one and its up to date. But yes the duckies are nice. Peace.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased the framed display of the differnt cadillac logos from the dealer, and i have it sitting on my desk. They are pins with all the years under them. It says the newer logo came in 2000, but my 2000 Deville has the old logo as well as all the other 2000 models( yes i know cars come the year before their model year). Im not even sure if the new logo was being used until 2002 models.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
No ducks, no go.......

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I debaged my cts's and put a new grill on and i am taking a classic one and getting it rechromed eventually, all in all i dont like the new ones that much

·
Registered
109 Posts
I will always be partial to Cadillac Crests of the past. Right now I don't believe that Cadillac deserves to have ducks on their crest since they don't have "all their ducks in a row". When they start building a product with quality then they can have ducks on their crests again.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Liseckas said:
I will always be partial to Cadillac Crests of the past. Right now I don't believe that Cadillac deserves to have ducks on their crest since they don't have "all their ducks in a row". When they start building a product with quality then they can have ducks on their crests again.

Yeah, but the ducks were symetrical in two groups of three. I also liked the greater detail of the "wheat shards" on the old one. Haven't you heard, GM builds some pretty good cars nowadays. ;) It's like they have taken out so much from the emblem, they may as well just have a piece of wheat! :confused:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It doesn't matter much to me since it has changed down through the years anyway. The main thing is what it's attached to.

Now, what can GM do with the Chevy bowtie to modernize it? Add a propellor?

·
Registered
1994 STS - pearl white
140 Posts
El Dobro said:
Now, what can GM do with the Chevy bowtie to modernize it? Add a propellor?
I'm sure BMW would have something to say about it if the Chevy bowtie morphed into a propeller!

I never really paid much attention to the Cadillac logo until this thread started. Had a close look at the logo on my 94's steering wheel. OK, embossed in vinyl isn't the best representation of the logo, but...

Gotta have the ducks. No ducks, no go.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
eehoepp said:
I'm sure BMW would have something to say about it if the Chevy bowtie morphed into a propeller!

I never really paid much attention to the Cadillac logo until this thread started. Had a close look at the logo on my 94's steering wheel. OK, embossed in vinyl isn't the best representation of the logo, but...

Gotta have the ducks. No ducks, no go.
That's just it. Don't the ducks go back a couple hundred years on the family crest?? I agree about the ducks, etc. and I don't know why they have changed it 10 times in the last 101 years. I guess people get bored, or manufactures think consumers get bored with products, so they change it to fit the times or make it exciting. I think if something looks good, and the product continues to sell well, leave it alone. People get too bored too easily.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
They did that...... FWD 90s cars (minus the FW)........ :eek:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I think it was just its time to go...... You know, before everyone got sick of them....... Better to see them go because we liked them than if we hated them......

1 - 20 of 49 Posts