Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I’m a new owner of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV. The vehicle is primarily for my wife, but I won’t mind driving it either as I don’t have to give up my “man card” in order to drive it (unlike my wife’s Lexus RX350).

Through my search I’ve noticed almost all the used Escalades I’ve looked at had some sort of headed/cooled seats issue. Fortunately the one that I bought doesn’t have these issues, but this forum looks like a good resources for that and other issues. I consider myself a moderate DIYer when it comes to cars. I do the simple stuff like oil/air filter changes, brakes, and bolt on fixes and sometimes tackle some more complex project with my father-in-law who’s an experienced hot-rodder.

I’m an auto enthusiast and enjoy driving (especially my Porsches).

Certainly I will have some questions in the future, but I do have a simple question for now.

Is there a shorter name that people use for the specific generation of Escalade in the years 2007 – 2014? (for example Porsche 911s between 1999 – 2004 are called 996)

I like the app which is similar to the 6speedonline ap. This seems like a great forum and I look forward to learning more about the Caddy. Which brings up another question: what do you call these big mammoths? I’m trying to find a short name for it. Here’s the list I have so far: Caddy (of course), the bus, the land yacht, boat, the beast…

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Luxury AWD
16 Posts
Allanon said:
Is there a shorter name that people use for the specific generation of Escalade in the years 2007 – 2014? (for example Porsche 911s between 1999 – 2004 are called 996)
The 2007-2014 generation of GM SUVs are GMT900.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's got 90K miles. It's very clean, for the mileage. Not abused in the least, which is great.

----------

Thanks Moe! Good to know. It almost has a "Terminator" sound to to the name.

·
Registered
2008 ESV
12 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I’m a new owner of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV. The vehicle is primarily for my wife, but I won’t mind driving it either as I don’t have to give up my “man card” in order to drive it (unlike my wife’s Lexus RX350).

Through my search I’ve noticed almost all the used Escalades I’ve looked at had some sort of headed/cooled seats issue. Fortunately the one that I bought doesn’t have these issues, but this forum looks like a good resources for that and other issues. I consider myself a moderate DIYer when it comes to cars. I do the simple stuff like oil/air filter changes, brakes, and bolt on fixes and sometimes tackle some more complex project with my father-in-law who’s an experienced hot-rodder.

I’m an auto enthusiast and enjoy driving (especially my Porsches).

Certainly I will have some questions in the future, but I do have a simple question for now.

I like the app which is similar to the 6speedonline ap. This seems like a great forum and I look forward to learning more about the Caddy. Which brings up another question: what do you call these big mammoths? I’m trying to find a short name for it. Here’s the list I have so far: Caddy (of course), the bus, the land yacht, boat, the beast…
Ha!! I too am a member on 6SPO! I'm "vantaredoc" with a 996tt! Just purchased 2008 ESV and all I need is 4 headsets for the 4 Grandchildren we just adopted! What's your name on 6SPO?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is funny! I also have a 911 and it happens to be a 996tt. My name is Allanon there as well, although I don't post that often over there. I mostly used it for the Cayenne 958 site while I was searching for a turbo a couple of years ago.

With 2 kids, I'm learning how great it is to have the DVD player in the Escalade, although they like to watch a movie that someone honks the horn. It gets me every time. I guess would benefit from the headsets. Mine didn't come w/ the headsets, but the dealer threw 2 set in with the deal and it's supposedly been shipped.

----------

I'm surprised that nobody has commented on my subtle dig against the Lexus RX350.

·
Registered
2008 ESV
12 Posts
That is funny! I also have a 911 and it happens to be a 996tt. My name is Allanon there as well, although I don't post that often over there. I mostly used it for the Cayenne 958 site while I was searching for a turbo a couple of years ago.

With 2 kids, I'm learning how great it is to have the DVD player in the Escalade, although they like to watch a movie that someone honks the horn. It gets me every time. I guess would benefit from the headsets. Mine didn't come w/ the headsets, but the dealer threw 2 set in with the deal and it's supposedly been shipped.

----------

I'm surprised that nobody has commented on my subtle dig against the Lexus RX350.
I don't think folks here really care about the Lexus...I know I don't...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts