Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new and am very interested in a used CTS-V. I've never owned a Caddy and actually woulda probably never really looked until the V series.
So, my question is how has your CTS held up over time? How do you feel the build quality is? Is the car solid or do you get rattles/squeaks?
I drive a lot and want something that is going to stay together (unlike all my Chevys) and was about to buy an '05 GTO until I remembered the CTS-V existed, and the GTO interior is really nice....very high quality.
Anyhow, thoughts and opinions on the subject would really be appreciated! :)
Tim

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
Hey Tim....

It's Jon, I'm over at the LSXGTO forums as well. I've had a '04 V6 since April '04, and just picked up a '04 V about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. My V6 never gave me problems.

Check out the CTS-V section for more info on the V. I haven't had mine long, so I can't really tell you much.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Look, the CTS is a great car for it's price. I don't know about a V, but I wish I had one!

Some minor issues with CTS: find yourself a good dealer/workshop! And buy your own Mobil 1 for the oil change. The rear diff is the Achilles' heel, but not neccessaily destined to break.
With the '04 you don't have the rear bezel issue, no rattles in the interior that I know of, so other than stated you got yourself a good car for cruizin'!

Happy rollin'

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I've had mine for a year and a half (sat on the lot a very long time since it's a manual). I've put over 42000 miles on it with the only issue being the smoke rear bezel filling with water. My dealer replaced it with the updated painted style under warranty.

It's survived many mods, and occassional spirited driving with no issues. I don't have a V, but I love this car. 95% of Vs have less than 20,000 miles, if you check EBaymotors as a reference. I'm not sure what this means, but with double the HP, they have an interesting set of problems that normally don't apply to the V6 (wheel hop, tires that wear <10K miles, exploding diffs, etc). If you can afford a V, you can afford to fix the problems, IMHO.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've got an 04' that I bought at 23k, currently with 34k. There are two interior items with which I've been unhappy. The guy that owned before me must have rest his left elbow on the drivers side door pillar, because the carpet/headliner material has worn down. Also, the drivers side window switch panel is peeling. Any body else experience this?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
johnnybn said:
I've got an 04' that I bought at 23k, currently with 34k. There are two interior items with which I've been unhappy. The guy that owned before me must have rest his left elbow on the drivers side door pillar, because the carpet/headliner material has worn down. Also, the drivers side window switch panel is peeling. Any body else experience this?
Are you talking about the vertical pillar that has material like the headliner?
Yes mine is fraying a little. But it's from my butt when getting in the cars,
specially in the winter with the heavy coats.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My parents have an 03' with 47k on. The one problem they have is with the clock next to the tach. The time is always 15mins behind the time that is programed into the info center. I think Cadillac dropped the clock near the tach in 05 (or sooner?)

Only had my 03' for a few weeks. No problems, and my clock is fine...

Good luck

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Tim Currie said:
Hi all. I'm new and am very interested in a used CTS-V. I've never owned a Caddy and actually woulda probably never really looked until the V series.
So, my question is how has your CTS held up over time? How do you feel the build quality is? Is the car solid or do you get rattles/squeaks?
I drive a lot and want something that is going to stay together (unlike all my Chevys) and was about to buy an '05 GTO until I remembered the CTS-V existed, and the GTO interior is really nice....very high quality.
Anyhow, thoughts and opinions on the subject would really be appreciated! :)
Tim
Go here for my 2 year re-cap of ownership http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57677

·
Registered
383 Posts
i've had my car for 3 years now. Its a 2003 3.2L engine and i have 101,000kms on it. The only problem i experienced was "driving my car, even when there is no need" lol. What i mean is, i really love it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts