Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New brakes knocked 2 teeth out........j/k

Wholly crap, what a difference! So I'm the stupid ass that lost his brakes on the back straight at VIR at over 145mph, not a good day. So we're going back to VIR on July 11,12th with the Porsche group. Today I had my Goodridge lines, Castrol SRF and DTC 60/70's installed along with some new Michelin Pilot Supersports out back. Great guys at the shop and best $300 I ever spent. Mechanic told me to drive the car for a few days and then bring it back in and he'll check everything over for leaks before I go to the track.

Tire place is just off a highway so I decided to bed my brakes on the way home. Damn near bounced my face off the steering wheel on the first braking event from 45mph. Laughed my ass off as the pads bit harder than anything I've ever felt. Pedal feel was awesome! Can't wait to go to VIR.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
710 Posts
Track pads and fluid make a huge difference. Just be careful when you swap back to street pads ?

Were you getting abs with PSS's when braking hard? I could overpower my PSS's easily with track brakes. Step up to r compound if you want to go through the windshield haha.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Track pads and fluid make a huge difference. Just be careful when you swap back to street pads 

Were you getting abs with PSS's when braking hard? I could overpower my PSS's easily with track brakes. Step up to r compound if you want to go through the windshield haha.
Definitely overpowering the PSS's and activating ABS. And yes, road racing slicks complete the total package. Miro 18x9.5" squared, Continental Sport Cup scrubs 275/35/18 for me.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof
510 Posts
I had a bad experience with Goodridge lines on my Malibu. I swore off that company.

Any problems or installation issues with your Goodridge lines on your V?

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a bad experience with Goodridge lines on my Malibu. I swore off that company.

Any problems or installation issues with your Goodridge lines on your V?
Mechanic installed them and is very familiar with them. Installed with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts