Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new set of EBC Green Stuff pads and Power Slot rotors.
Well, the rotors came in today and I already had the EBC pads at home. Put them on in no time and well, they work great. I should've never bought those cheap rotors from Ebay. Oh well. These new Power Slot rotors are great. No suprises this time. A slight squeel later on but I think It might be ok. I did have one problem with one of the smal metal clips on the caliper mounts. Rattle clip or something?? A portion got bent and was scraping the rotor. No problem, just bent it back and everything was good to go. Here's the pics. I knew the pad were bad, but I didn't know they were this bad. I also noticed that the Passenger side pads were almost completely gone. While the Driver side had about an 1/8th of an inch left. The pads pictured are the Passenger side. I didn't get any of the Driver's side. What would cause a difference in wear like this??

Old brakes:

New Brakes :):

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,722 Posts
Very nice! That's exactly what I did to my 2000 STS about a year ago. I regret buying those cheap Chinese rotors as well! They warped real quick, and I had them resurfaced, and not even 5,000 miles later they warped again! When I did replace them with some Power Slots like yours, I noticed the old rotors had some cracks on some of the drilled vent holes.
I also painted my calipers blue using a paint kit from Eastwood. It was around $30, and makes the whole thing look much better! The rusty calipers don't look too good with all the nice new parts!
I've gotten a lot of compliments and questions about my brakes at the different shows I've been to.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to paint my calipers but I didn't know what paint to go with. Autozone had some but I didn't really want to go with that nor did they have the color I wanted. I was thinking of painting them with the body color if anyone makes caliper paint in that color.

caddydaddy said:
Very nice! That's exactly what I did to my 2000 STS about a year ago. I regret buying those cheap Chinese rotors as well! They warped real quick, and I had them resurfaced, and not even 5,000 miles later they warped again! When I did replace them with some Power Slots like yours, I noticed the old rotors had some cracks on some of the drilled vent holes.
I also painted my calipers blue using a paint kit from Eastwood. It was around $30, and makes the whole thing look much better! The rusty calipers don't look too good with all the nice new parts!
I've gotten a lot of compliments and questions about my brakes at the different shows I've been to.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not silver. But that's the closest color they have. I wish someone had my actual body color. Shale I think.

caddydaddy said:
Well I posted at the same time you did, but yes that would look good! I assume your STS is silver? That or black I think would look good on the calipers!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I think it might be called Silver Sand? My Uncle had a 2000 Escalade that was that color, and that was the name of it.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
Speedyman, those look great! Awesome job there man! Those old pads/rotors were WORKED! Best of luck to you with the new setup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts