1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Cadillac CTS Midsize Sedan
Available: Fall 2006

What Edmunds.com Says:Now that Cadillac's new design philosophy has sunk in a little, look for the next CTS to debut a smoother, less angular design that's easier on the eyes.
What We Know: The CTS debuted in 2003, and as the life cycle of modern-day Cadillac vehicles runs about six years, major updates to the vehicle can be anticipated for 2007. With a high-performance V-Series version of the CTS currently on the streets, don't expect a great deal of upgrades to the powertrain. Slightly modified V6 and V8 engines will probably be carried over from the current edition. The CTS will continue to be built on the rear-wheel-drive Sigma platform, although there is talk that an all-wheel-drive version will be added. The vehicle's sheet metal will be extensively overhauled, and the interior, which has garnered poor reviews, will be completely refurbished. Versions of the next-generation CTS will be produced concurrently in China and North America.

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
I would assume though that the Caddy's to be sold in the US would be made in the US. And the Caddy's sold in Europe and Asia made in China. I mean u may get a few caddys that were built outside of the US for sale here but for the most part I bet most of the CTS's we buy will be built here.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Nice! If this info is correct, it'll be just in time for my next new car purchase. I was worried before because the redesign was rumoured for the 2008 MY released in fall of 2007 which would be a few months after I need to purchase a new car. I hope the new CTS will be as ground breaking as the current one was at release.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
I really how these rags always tear up american cars.
complete bias, just read motor trend or car and driver, or not how close the favorable reviews tie into the amount of ads from that car maker.

"oh the syling is going to be softer cause its hard on the eyes.."
umm the concept had MORE pronouced lines.

"the interior wasnt so great and EVERYONE hates it"

no we dont, its a very nice sportscar interior
oh wait, the cts won the 2005 best buy award

-K

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GM is making big inroads in China. As the country develops the demand for automobiles has went up. These are mostly for Chinese consumption. Buick was the first to test the waters there. It's called the Buick Royaum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
FSU_Noles said:
When I buy my next CTS I guess I will have to look closely at the build location - I want mine made in North America.

:bomb:
Me too. I am not interested in supporting China.;)

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
This article is very old, it's been on that site for quite some time. Unfortunatly, as we know, the refresh may not come till late 07 as an 08 model. But if it does come sooner, all the better!

The cars built in china will not be sold in the US. But the chinese would love to buy them!

As for not supporting china, that's... kinda impossible. They average out to be our number 4 trading partner at about 11% of our total goods and services imported. (it varies month to month)

This year alone, The goods deficit with China increased from $20.1 billion in September to $20.5 billion in October. Exports increased $0.7 billion (primarily soybeans and civilian aircraft) to $3.9 billion, while imports increased $1.1 billion (primarily TV’s and VCR’s; toys, games, and sporting goods; and computers) to $24.4 billion.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/highlights/top/index.html#2005

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AsAkAs said:
This article is very old, it's been on that site for quite some time. Unfortunatly, as we know, the refresh may not come till late 07 as an 08 model. But if it does come sooner, all the better!

The cars built in china will not be sold in the US. But the chinese would love to buy them!

As for not supporting china, that's... kinda impossible. They average out to be our number 4 trading partner at about 11% of our total goods and services imported. (it varies month to month)quote]

Maybe it's old news to you but it's never been posted. Many of us were thinking it would be a 2008 model.

Although I shun imported goods, I'm smart enough to invest in up-coming countries like China. The Chinese Mutual Funds have been doing rather nicely for me.

There seems to be no middle ground in China. You are either very rich or very poor. Of course it's the rich Chinese that are buying the fancy Buicks.:yup:

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
why do you guys think the china models will be shipped here?? why would they do that when they are built right here. The chinese models are probably just for china and that part of the world. I dont get why everyone is getting worried about the chinese version coming here.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Caddy Man said:
why do you guys think the china models will be shipped here?? why would they do that when they are built right here. The chinese models are probably just for china and that part of the world. I dont get why everyone is getting worried about the chinese version coming here.
THEY ARE NOT. I THOUGHT I CLEARED THAT UP.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
RobertCTS said:
AsAkAs said:
As for not supporting china, that's... kinda impossible. They average out to be our number 4 trading partner at about 11% of our total goods and services imported. (it varies month to month)quote]

There seems to be no middle ground in China. You are either very rich or very poor. Of course it's the rich Chinese that are buying the fancy Buicks.:yup:
unfortunatly, the gap is widening much more in the United States too. :(

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
I was recently in china and was AMAZED at all the buicks...

I am beginning to think that is why GM has not yet killed that brand ('cause its doing so well in china). Cadillac is making a huge push there as well.. there were some mega ads on billboards, etc.

There were some articles recently about how GM toured the CTS-V race car over there...

China is the next fronteir for GM .. If they can penetrate that market and gain huge share, it could mean better stabiloty financially for them here in the US. I just hope are cars are not made there...

Reed

1 - 20 of 37 Posts