Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had it for a while now. I took it to the powder coater to have my V grille powered high gloss black. What do you guys think?

The fogs really seem not to bug me anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac 03 Black CTS
72 Posts
that is a great look. I was thinking about doing the same to mine. In your case, I like how the upper grill is still surrounded by the chrome. def. works with your wheels

·
Registered
Cadillac
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$50.00 for the top and little bottom piece.

It is not about the money when you do this it is about taking the OEM V Grille apart, which is kind of a pain. The whole grille and border or whatever is plastic so it can't be powder coated since they bake that shyt at 400 degrees. Putting the grille back together is even worse because you have to use soem force trying to make it fit back into the border and all of the other stuff on the grille. Let me tell you though, having black wheels and a stock v grille looks nowhere near as good as if it is coated black.

The reason why it was so cheap was because I took my Grille to a commercial powder coater, who does all sorts of big stuff for like construction companies or whatever. So in the end he just threw my stuff in the oven with all of the other stuff and he got to put a 50 dollar bill in his pocket.

Overview- putting grille back together and installing both back on the car is a 7 beer job.... but I do drink pretty fast :alchi: :want:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts