Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to brag about, but what the hell , a kill is a kill and the feeling is the same...
10 PM, going home, I saw this red new beetle changing lanes, tailgating and driving like the owner of the street. Both of us stopped (me behind him)at the last red light before the ramp, the driver was a twenty-something man with a cute female passenger. The guy was revving the engine and looking to the car next to him, whose driver didn't even look at the jerk (he was going to make a left turn). Light turns green, the man honks and tailgates the car in front of him. We entered the highway, the car in the front stays in the right lane, this guy goes to the middle and I took the left one. He sees my move and does what I assumed he would do, steps on it. I did the same almost at the same time so he only had a brief advantage (my front bumper 2 ft from his rear bumper). The beetle didn't had a chance. A little more than a mile and a half away, I had a HUGE advantage when I slowed down to take my exit (so did he).
3 curves and I stopped at the light to make a left. The beetle pulls next to me, I look at the guy but he kept his eyes to the road. Instead, the girl looks at me and smiles.

I guess she was as annoyed as me with this guy's driving.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ralph said:
I wonder how those new turbo Beetles would fare? Aren't they 200 hp or something?
180 HP, 173 lb/ft torque... and it's nicer than the regular one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not a kill story but similar.

This past Saturday I am cruising west in the left lane (I was going to turn left about 1/2 mile ahead) on a 4-lane with center turn lane road.

An older Chevy Suburban swoops up behind me right on my bumper. The suburban darts to the right and almost creams the rear end of the car in the right lane. The guy darts in front of me with about 2 feet of clearance (only because I saw this coming and slowed down). Then once they are in front of me, the idiot "brake checks" me so that I had to SLAM on the brakes!

The punchline is that the Suburban had a personalized license plate "LUV ROTTS".

Oh and ultimately I ended up ahead of the idiot after all this jerking around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts