Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning my car wouldn't start ( click,click) . My past battery was only 3 months old so out with the old an in with the new....I got a perfect fitting Interstate battery. It is the MTP-101. It was 149.99 so now here we go on battery #3 in 3 years.The first and second was the 101-6yr.

·
Registered
2005 STS V6-1SC
411 Posts
Florida weather is very hard on batteries but after three in three years have you had your electrical system checked out? There might be something causing premature failure. I live in Orlando but have not had that failure rate.

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, In the last 3 years my car has been to the dealer more than I've been to my Doctor. The electrical system has been checked numberous time with no faults. I guess it just the way it is.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
21 Posts
My car's in-service date was September 2005 and the OEM battery is going strong. Heat destroys batteries but I think you have an over-charging issue.

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well time for another office visit. ( hope I don't have to stay in the hospital). LOL

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car's in-service date was September 2005 and the OEM battery is going strong. Heat destroys batteries but I think you have an over-charging issue.
By the way my car's battery was replaced 2 times before I even bought it. The first was when the car had only 1200 miles on it then later at about 35k miles.( I have a VIN check ).

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
21 Posts
I contend cars that are driven every day have fewer problems. At least the battery stays charged!

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS
182 Posts
My battery had a bad cell so I replaced it with an Everstart from Wal-Mart, it was $72. Can't complain when it has a 3 year warranty from the day you buy it and has more CCA and RC. Plus Johnson Controls makes good batteries

·
Registered
2006 STS N* 1SE
2,399 Posts
My OEM battery lasted 5.5 years & 68K miles and was replaced for free (OK, I had to sit with the dead car for an hour waiting for the tech to arrive) under CPO coverage. And that guy knew what he was doing - took him all of 2 minutes to swap it out. Hardly had time to get his name.

Who was that unmasked man? ... Why, that was CPOMan - friend and helper to all old guys in Cadillacs.

·
Registered
2006 STS 3.6 AWD
1,005 Posts
My OEM battery lasted 5.5 years & 68K miles and was replaced for free (OK, I had to sit with the dead car for an hour waiting for the tech to arrive) under CPO coverage. And that guy knew what he was doing - took him all of 2 minutes to swap it out. Hardly had time to get his name.

Who was that unmasked man? ... Why, that was CPOMan - friend and helper to all old guys in Cadillacs.
That's interesting.... when I bought my cpo warranty during the process of buying my 2006 sts, I was informed the battery wasn't included!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts