Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my battery died yesterday. So I go to the dealer, drop $145, and put it in. It starts right up and volts are reading 15.0. The volts slowly drop down into the 14.4 range. I have been having major voltage drops that would make the car almost stall, or the car almost stalls which causes the voltage drops. My stereo isn't putting out the power it did yesterday (I used to have the volume set at 15, now it has to be at 24 for the same level) which is very strange. I also have a DDM B3833 Current code.

As for the voltage drops. Could the alternator be going? When I shut the car off to come inside to type this the volts were at 13.9 - 14.1. This car has never seen these low numbers before.

I do not have amp codes but it seems as though maybe the amp isn't working correctly. Any advice here?

I see that the B3833 is a window position sensor. What is it? Where is it? What is it used for?

I am not sure that I trust this car to not break down on me now. What to do?

Don

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,549 Posts
Those numbers don't seem terribly low to me.

I am sure that the window position sensor is in the door and probably tell the window motor when to stop.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I decided to drive the car to my sons baseball game tonight (we lost by the way :crybaby:) and the volts stayed mostly between 14.2 and 14.6. That is with the exception of when I had my voltage drops. I am suspecting my aftermarket amp that I installed for my aftermarket subwoofer. I will do some probing and see what I come up with. I will also see what I can find out about this window position sensor. I am guessing that when I hooked up the new battery that I fried the sensor and possibly the amp or my head units internal amp.

Don

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,549 Posts
Yeah, I'd be very suspicious anytime there are electrical problems after adding aftermarket electronics.

·
Registered
2001 SLS
4 Posts
I also have a DDM B3833 Current code.
This code appears after changing the battery. You will need to recalibrate the limit switches for the auto up/down feature of the front windows. With this current code, your auto up feature should not work

- Roll down the left window until it stops. Continue holding switch for 3 seconds.
- Roll up the left window until it is closed. Continue holding switch for 3 seconds.
- Do the same for the right window
- Check left and right windows for auto up

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
this sounds like your aftermarket amp is demanding too much power from the alt. you may need a new one soon do your lights flicker?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I keep forgetting that I own a factory service manual. I read it and found the relearn procedure. No more code. The amp is definitely causing my voltage drop. I went to work on Tuesday with the amp unplugged. I had no voltage drops. I plugged the amp back in for the ride home and the drops started again. I am going to check all of my connections to see where the issue lies.

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts