Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another thread going about my television function. It didn't work anymore and they checked it out a while back. They couldn't find the problem and I got my car back. The tv worked again, but I think they didn't know that. They said they were going to replace the whole module... oh well.

So yesterday they replaced the whole DVD/NAV/CD-module which also solves my flaked button issue. The new buttons seem to have a more sturdier paint on it. It feels better. And it looks better! :)

But when they installed the new module, they broke the two airvents, so it needs to get back to repair that. sigh...:annoyed: well, it needs to get in for the bumper anyway, so they can do that simultainuously... this time I will get a decent rental as the insurance of that lady is going to pay... :yup:

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I noticed the new module features some more... Like when you switch off the engine and take the keys out and open the door, this message in the screen pops up: intrucion system activated... I did not have that before...

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
what the hell?

what tv function?

i have an 04 with all navi and such but TV?

(sorry about the monkwy comment, its a term of endearment)

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
dude, get me the part number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, please. :)

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Europe uses the Pal system. Americans use NTSC. They're not compatible. The part number is 25739770, but you won't find it anywhere in the US. I'm not positive, but I think the TV antenna is built into the front and rear windows on the export models, so the glass antenna patterns are likely different.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
crap, you are absolutley correct.

meh, i'll give it to one of my electronics engineering guys and see if they can manage something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts