Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day!

My parents were in the market for a new car after selling their 2005 Grand Prix GT. While they considered getting a cross over for its practicality, the decided against it for a number of reasons. Mostly because they wanted something sporty and not a 'family hauler'.

Dad and I decided to the Canadian International Auto Show back in February to do some shopping. The beauty of the car show is you can compare so many vehicles back to back, we sat in dozens of cars ranging from Audi to Mercedes. They decided there were two that made their short list. CLA45 AMG and ATS4 3.6. However that ATS came on top for many reasons, most of which were financial as they had GM Visa points (not sure if you guys remember those or not) as well as my Grand father worked for the motors for many years.

In April they placed an order for a black on black 2015 ATS Coupe with AWD and the 3.6 V6. Finally this weekend they picked it up, and here she is after I hand washed and waxed it the night they picked it up. (Yeah I am a bit anal with paint) Hahaha.

There were some issues however, the car has some damage on the rear end that we noticed prior to picking up the car. It seems as if someone backed the car into something and some how it was missed during the PDI.

This will be dealt with in the coming week as the car is going back to have the bumper repaired if not replaced.

Cheers !

Dan

·
Registered
15 ATS Coupe 3.6 AWD Premium Adriatic Blue
16 Posts
Nice ride ! We ordered ours early April, should be getting close to being here. To bad about the bumper, but it can be fixed up.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Just got mine Friday. White, 3.6 AWD Kona. Loving it !! I just did a 300 mile trip today and she drives and looks stunning. I love the tech

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mom just did a 400km trip with the car, see seemed to love it. Said the seats are a bit hard, but she also has a bad back. I took the car for a quick drive, and it seems to handle very well. Almost as good as my FR-S. @DG2 do you have any pictures of your?

Dan

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Very nice!:welcome: (except for the horrible Ontario front plate. :helpless: )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice!:welcome: (except for the horrible Ontario front plate. :helpless: )
Hahah yeah the plates are an eye sore. I got pulled over on thanksgiving for not having a front plate. Seriously that was the reason lol. Threw an old tinted plate cover to help hide the plate a bit.

Your parents get to go to the head of the Cool Parents Club.
LOL! I will let them know! I'm sure dad will appreciate that :p

----------

Just asked dad, they ordered theirs March 20th. It came in March 15th and we picked it up on the 25th, so yours should be in soon :)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
D_Thissen said:
Mom just did a 400km trip with the car, see seemed to love it. Said the seats are a bit hard, but she also has a bad back. I took the car for a quick drive, and it seems to handle very well. Almost as good as my FR-S. @DG2 do you have any pictures of your? Dan
I do have pics but for some reason this app will not accept my iPhone 4 photos to post. Any suggestions admin?

C

·
0 Posts
After driving a couple and having gone along with friends that really wanted one and test drove the FR-S it is a joke compared to the ATS.
Cool looking car with nothing to back it up.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
Mom just did a 400km trip with the car, see seemed to love it. Said the seats are a bit hard, but she also has a bad back. I took the car for a quick drive, and it seems to handle very well. Almost as good as my FR-S. @DG2 do you have any pictures of your?

Dan
the FR-S is cool...supposed to be a great handler

i take a windy valley pass in the evening to avoid rush hour traffic (solid 15-20 minutes of twisties :)) when there is no prius in front of you a really fun road....i found myself behind an FR-S with clear roads and i'm sure the fellow thought he could drop a caddy ....put it in competitve/manual mode and i'm pretty sure i shocked the hell out of him when not only could he not drop me, i almost passed him but traffic didn't allow (i got a peek around but tucked back in behind) fun way to end the day...when we got to the town at the end of that road he just stared as i slowly drove by at the intersection

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
With out a doubt, the FRS / BRZ could use more power. Asmall quick response turbo would be great. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the RWD ATS handeled as well as an 86, both have near 50/50 weight distribution. One just has a better power to weight ratio and costs a bit more lol.

----------

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
before i got married and got married outa shape, i was an avid mountain biker....and on a long downhill on a trail you're very familiar with you can have runs that you don't even think about everything is just right and you hit everything perfectly or you see a buddy looking graceful over some challenging terrain....my biking friends would call that flow

that FR-S had flow....it was fun chasing him down, and was pretty cool how that car would zip around curves that most cars brake for causing a bunch up...that didn't happen with that car it just kept going.....first couple of bends i was a little cautious following, so i wouldn't get too close past the apex, and i would round the bend he just disappeared behind and he'd gapped me, so now i'm thinking it's on now and he could not shake me.....at first it looked like he'd expected to gap me and maintained his pace, but started pushing a little harder, when he couldn't gap me anymore, it felt like i was surprising him

·
Registered
none now, but will look at CT5. 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T. Former 14 ATS 3.6
218 Posts
I do have pics but for some reason this app will not accept my iPhone 4 photos to post. Any suggestions admin?
I use photobucket to post pics. There are You Tube videos that demonstrate how to do it. I have never been able to post them directly from my iPhone either.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
With out a doubt, the FRS / BRZ could use more power. I small quick response turbo would be great. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the RWD ATS handeled as well as an 86, both have near 50/50 weight distribution. One just has a better power to weight ratio and costs a bit more lol.

----------

A*.

How do you edit posts? Autocorrect on my iPad is brutal lol
Click on your post, when it turns blue and displays buttons to select, push "more" and an edit button will pop up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac ATS Coupe 2.0T AWD
24 Posts
Hahah yeah the plates are an eye sore. I got pulled over on thanksgiving for not having a front plate. Seriously that was the reason lol. Threw an old tinted plate cover to help hide the plate a bit.

LOL! I will let them know! I'm sure dad will appreciate that :p

----------

Just asked dad, they ordered theirs March 20th. It came in March 15th and we picked it up on the 25th, so yours should be in soon :)
What's really cool is that they ordered it and actual got it in the past :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts