Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made and installed a new amp box for my sons Seville. It only has one PG 300.2 amp in it right now but he has a PG 500.2 amp on order for the subs that will put out about 800 watts into a 2 ohm load and the 300.2 will be used to run the front channels at about 75 watts/channel. That's my 10" Eclipse from my Navigator that he's using for now, but he's either going to go with a single 12" or dual 10" of either Boston Pros or Eclipse Aluminums. Still have to run a 4 guage power wire to the back as it's only 8 guage right now. On the rack there will be mounted a fused distribution block and and a ground distribution block so that all the wires can be run neatly. Also looking into mounting some blue neon lights inside the box so when the trunk is opened they will light up the inside and going make a lighted plexi glass window on the front of the rack that lights up Seville STS. Should be pretty cool when all done and a helluva nice sound system.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7186/p10100089ze.jpg

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3397/p10100042fg.jpg

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6725/p10100035pe.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6498/p10100074wi.jpg

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
pretty nice at 1st from the 1st pic i thought those two slits in the bottom were vents if they were id bet my life the set up would pulse the base really well

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS
54 Posts
What head unit are you using!? You wouldn't by chance be using the stock HU are you!? I'm getting ready to put my system in my `97 Seville STS. JL 1000/1 & 450/4, 2 W6V2 12's, 2 W6V2 10's, and I really don't want to get rid of the stock HU because I like the steering wheel functions. I guess I'm going to have to see how the Line Level Convertors work!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goobz! said:
What head unit are you using!? You wouldn't by chance be using the stock HU are you!? I'm getting ready to put my system in my `97 Seville STS. JL 1000/1 & 450/4, 2 W6V2 12's, 2 W6V2 10's, and I really don't want to get rid of the stock HU because I like the steering wheel functions. I guess I'm going to have to see how the Line Level Convertors work!
Those are some nice pieces you have for your stereo system. I would scrape the stock headunit and go with an aftermarket as you'll get the advantage of 5volt outputs that will give you a much cleaner sound. Why the two different size subs? Two 12's or two 10's with that power will knock your socks off. You can save your money by putting it to better use in some other areas. What are you going to run for main speakers?

I lost my sterring wheel functions on my Navigator when I changed my headunit out and it wasn't that big of a deal as my headunit has a remote. Here's a picture of the headunit my son has in his Seville. It's a full DVD unit that can do navigation with the add on unit also. It's sweet and looks like it came from the factory that way. The model is a Kenwood 7015. You might check with PIE as they may make an interfaces that allow you to retain steering wheel controls with an aftermarket headunit. I know they have it for my Navigator, but just never felt the need for it. Good luck with your system and definitely post up some pics when it's all done.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7965/p10101158zh.jpg

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS
54 Posts
I will definately post pix when I get it done! Thanx for the compliments. As you can tell, from everything being JL Audio, my truck was shortly sponsored by them until I got rid of it! I had all the stuff in an `03 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel, and you couldn't see 1 speaker! It was pretty kewl! The truck is a show truck now, and I got a hell of a deal from another company to be sponsored, so all that stuff now will be going in the Seville!

·
Registered
2004 SLS
254 Posts
This summer I messed with my audio equip. Inline converter to an Infinity powered sub box. Blew it. Replaced with a Fosgate amp and L series mono sub(square type). I'm pushing over 600W RMS into that woofer. Installed the remote level control for adjustment purposes. Also, I replaced the stock rear 6x9s with Infinity Kappas. Sounds very clean. No problems with the set-up.

As for system wiring, inline converter was tapped into speaker wires between the factory 6x9 amp and speaker. Ground I found on back-seat metal. Remote was off of the antenna. Power was run down the drivers side, through firewall grommet, and to the battery.

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS
54 Posts
Closet Boy said:
This summer I messed with my audio equip. Inline converter to an Infinity powered sub box. Blew it. Replaced with a Fosgate amp and L series mono sub(square type). I'm pushing over 600W RMS into that woofer. Installed the remote level control for adjustment purposes. Also, I replaced the stock rear 6x9s with Infinity Kappas. Sounds very clean. No problems with the set-up.

As for system wiring, inline converter was tapped into speaker wires between the factory 6x9 amp and speaker. Ground I found on back-seat metal. Remote was off of the antenna. Power was run down the drivers side, through firewall grommet, and to the battery.
Well, it sounds like people have had good success with doing what I am trying! I am not worried about blowing the amps out, as they are still under warranty for another 4 years with the speakers! :) ha ha... I was just worried if anyone had done it, and their success with this vehicle. I have used the convertors before, and have had bad success with line noise, hiss, being able to hear the changer mecahnism in the speakers when the changer is changing, etc., and it was all due to the way the vehicle was built. Bad grounds, etc., but I was thinking that caddy would be a bit more detailed in the way it was built! :) ha ha..

I just haven't had a chance to get into the vehicle yet! Work has been so damn busy lately with the holiday's and superbowl coming up that I am about to pull my hair out! It will probably be a couple months before I can get this done, but I will definately let everyone know! Thanx for all the input so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts