Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Bushmaster M4A3. I added the Eotech 512 holosight, new handrail, vert grip, tac light, and an untested 20mW green laser. Tons of fun at the range! :p

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Krashed989 said:
Ohh my.... Remind me not to get on your bad side... Cool gun though.

:leaving:
Don't worry Krashed, you're well out of range. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
urbanski said:
holy crap that is beautiful!! tell me more about it
It,s a Bushmaster M4 A3 Carbine with collapsible stock. Its a gas operated semi-automatic. People who ask me why I own them have never shot one of them. They are uber fun to shoot, but really have no practical application for hunting.

Beware!! "Black" guns are addictive and you'll move through lots of ammo at the range so you need these:

And remember black rifles love company, so you also need a couple of these:

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
urbanski said:
what caliber?
i have a similar black 12ga, one of my "home protection" arsenal :p
looks like a freaking hoot
i want an AR15 but they're damn expensive and my car consumes all my capital now :rolleyes:
Its a Mossberg 12 guage, model 590 defender. The Marine Corps comissioned it several years ago as their shotty. It's the same shotty, but has a polymer safety switch and trigger guard (the marines' are steel). The MC recently changed to a semi-auto Benelli. Imagine that, US marines toting around an Italian shotty. :D

ETA: I have 500 rounds of Federal Tactical 00 buckshot around to play with. I also keep some Federal premium rifled slugs just in case a silverback gorilla ever tries to break in. :p

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
powerglide said:
LOL!

That shotgun has a knife attachement!!?!

Faaaaarout!
It acomodates the US issued M8 bayonette. Gives it a definate cool factor! :D

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Krashed989 said:
Holy CRAP! Incendiary..? Does that mean they blow up on impact?? F-ing Kewlness.
They are incendiary, not explosive. They just illuminate (trace) the path of the bullet. Used to mark a target position. They look cool at night but they give away your position too. I wasn't all that keen on using them!

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EcSTSatic said:
They are incendiary, not explosive. They just illuminate (trace) the path of the bullet. Used to mark a target position. They look cool at night but they give away your position too. I wasn't all that keen on using them!
Tracers are the rounds that "light up" around 50 yards out from the barrell (I have a few boxes of them too). Those are incindiary "fire starting" rounds that burst into a shower of hot embers on impact, and also function as tracers. Tracers are impractical for semi-auto firing, but they're fun to play with (at the range) which is why I have them. You're correct that they will also give away your position, which is undesirable in a true fire fight.

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
Hardrock, I feel your pain.

In AZ we don't register guns and you can carry open. (That means strap it on your belt and you are legal). It's a strange feeling the first time!

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Made a trip to the rifle range today. Two 50 yard targets, 30 rounds on the left and 60 rounds on the right.

I removed the laser beacause it didn't hold it's zero under the recoil of my AR.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Bummer on the laser.

Nice groupings. What was your approximate rate of fire on those?

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kev said:
Bummer on the laser.

Nice groupings. What was your approximate rate of fire on those?
Around 1 round a second, or slightly slower. It's a range NO NO to fire any faster. :halo: The range master will rap your knuckles for rapid firing. I did have to change magazines on the 60 round target but rate of fire was consistent.

There's a look through an Eotech Holosight. It's designed to use with both eyes open, which allows for faster target acquisition.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts