Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up our new 2015 1/2 ESV (2015i? 2015.5?). Anyhow, it's out 4th in a row, so the changes are welcome!

We went black/Kona with a bench, which was a bit of wait of course, but have it now.

Other than the grim backup camera quality, which seems to be 'normal', the only real concern has been idle quality. It's as rough or maybe rougher than the LS7 in my Z06, and I can't imagine it should be.

I've heard it can straighten out after a few hundred miles, and I'm not in a panic, so I'll wait a bit. But I'm wondering if you should be able to feel it in the vehicle and see the engine shake a bit visually at idle. Now I don't mean shaking like crazy, just like it had a bit of cam in it. But even if the 6.2L does have a more aggressive cam profile the variable valve timing should compensate.

Since this motor is all new for 2015 (except the basic artchitecture in last year's Corvette I guess) I'm not sure who to ask what's "normal" for the new ones.

Any feedback from others in either direction is helpful!

Thanks,
Dave

(Yes, I can ask my dealer, but a lifetime of owning cars has taught me that's unlikely to generate an educated answer unless they really dig)

----------

I should add the reason I don't think the dealer can assist is that there's no objective standard for how much an engine should shake and if it's not firing OBD2 misfire codes, it's not misfiring. So it'd just come down to how much he/she thinks it should shake, and I doubt that's productive. Especially if "they all do it a little".

I had a BMW V12 and their tech told me it would always shake because "It's two 6-cylinders combined together and straight 6s are inherently unstable". Which is, of course, completely wrong. V6s maybe. But once they fixed it that "inherent instability" magically went away :)

·
Registered
2015 Premium
7 Posts
Others have that issue. Mine is so rough it shakes the car. I was told by my Serv Rep that it's due to emissions requirements in CA. There was a realignment of engine mounts bulletin, which I asked him to perform. He said it doesn't work on all cars.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum
88 Posts
A 1974 Cadillac Eldorado is more smooth unfortunately. Par for the course for the SUV V8s...

----------

Others have that issue. Mine is so rough it shakes the car. I was told by my Serv Rep that it's due to emissions requirements in CA. There was a realignment of engine mounts bulletin, which I asked him to perform. He said it doesn't work on all cars.
Due to CA emissions eh? Why is a GL63 AMG smoother? Turbo chargers and all...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts