Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this new 300C commercial. During the ad, the 300C pulls up next to a Silver CTS while the announcer talks about envy and the CTS driver looks over at the 300C staring.

I for one dislike the large beastly 300C, it's far too large and I belive the CTS does the sharp lines far better than it does. I would not be envious of a 300C if it pulled up next to me.

Anyone else have comments on this commerical?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
I haven't seen the commercial yet....I actually like the look of the 300C, but that's just my opinion. It's not a caddy though!!! :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
AsAkAs said:
Has anyone else seen this new 300C commercial. During the ad, the 300C pulls up next to a Silver CTS while the announcer talks about envy and the CTS driver looks over at the 300C staring.

I for one dislike the large beastly 300C, it's far too large and I belive the CTS does the sharp lines far better than it does. I would not be envious of a 300C if it pulled up next to me.

Anyone else have comments on this commerical?

The commercial rocks. What does it really say? It says that once again, Cadillac is the top US luxury brand, and all other US makers are trying to catch up.

When the compition compares their stuff to something esle, Usally the someting else is doing something right. In this case, Cadillac.

The dude staring at the 300c is most likly thinking, damn, that sure does look like a cheap Rolls Phantom...does that thing have a hemi? sweeeeeet.

·
Registered
2005 & 2008 CTS
1,362 Posts
They are also comparing a HEMI to a 3.6 or better yet a 2.8. I bet they wouldn't have SH*T to say if a V pulled up next to them.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Then they'd just have to roll out their SRT-8 which will quite easily handle the CTS-V.
Next!
The point I was making is that it would be nice if the CTS had more than just a little V6 or the potent V8 in the 'V'. The 300 has 3 different engines available which give it a little more flexibility in the marketplace.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
I have both the 300C and CTS (03) obviously the stock HEMI is much faster but with the modifications done to the CTS it sounds faster. Put the pluses/minuses together and I love driving the CTS better.
:burn:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Katshot said:
Certainly your opinion but what does that have to do with the topic of the thread?
Seems on topic to me. The Charger and the 300 are both on the same platform and have the same drive trains. I was just suggesting the Charger is a better looking package IMO. The 300 looks to much like an Audi A4 to me. Both have huge over-sized grills like a big mouth bass.

·
Registered
'99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V
535 Posts
Then they'd just have to roll out their SRT-8 which will quite easily handle the CTS-V.

Excuse me - just how does an SRT-8 "easily" handle a CTS-V? Driver's race, maybe in a drag race ..... then we hit the twisties and it's all over.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
FastCTS said:
I have both the 300C and CTS (03) obviously the stock HEMI is much faster but with the modifications done to the CTS it sounds faster. Put the pluses/minuses together and I love driving the CTS better.
:burn:
FastCTS,
My wife has the sexy Magnum with the Hemi and she loves it. She love the utility space of the Magnum too. She want to race me!!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
NIK said:

Excuse me - just how does an SRT-8 "easily" handle a CTS-V? Driver's race, maybe in a drag race ..... then we hit the twisties and it's all over.
Come on now. Do we HAVE to do this? It's a little childish.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
hi, you have a chrysler, ranks up there with dodge and ford

i have a caddy, ranks up there with bmw and mercedes....

enough said.

and the srt-8??? have you SEEN the price tag on those things? pfft, gimme a cts-v for that money.
(the cts=v base price is well equipped already, the srt-8 base price is pretty striped down, add the basics to it and it quickly becomes more expensive (umm -=blush=- i was looking at the 300c before i bought my cts)

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aeromass said:
When the compition compares their stuff to something esle, Usally the someting else is doing something right. In this case, Cadillac.
That's a very good way of looking at it.

As for all the speed arguments in the thread, people choose power. For 32k you can have the 255hp CTS , 303hp Grand Prix, 298hp G35, 300hp Mustang, 320hp charger, 200hp A4, 215hp IS250, 240hp G6, 260hp Altima, 280hp maxima, 275hp Lucerene, 210hp C230 or you could buy three chevy aveos! The bredth of horsepower range is incredible

The options are endless in that price range. So there are other factors in choosing which car you buy

Then the style argument comes up. I happen to love the A4's large mouthed grill with it's wider stance, but for some reason I dislike it on the 300C, just like I love the sharp lines on the CTS, but dislike them on the 300C, then there's the fact that everyone loves the 300C, and I hate that. Hah! I love the fact that not everyone likes the CTS, that it's polarizing in both directions stylisticly

The opinions in this thread are as varied as the cars themselves, so lets not try to put each other down over them, it's happened too many times on here and ruins the experience of the forums.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts