Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped my rim size from 26" to 24" and wanted to know what you think. I also added the color matched splash guards. I can definitely tell the difference in ride quality but I'm missing the way the 26's filled the wheel well. Overall I think it's a good look. Next project will be the platnium front conversion.

First two pics are the 24" and third are the old 26" I use to have on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 esKONali
1,099 Posts
I can definitely tell the difference in ride quality but I'm missing the way the 26's filled the wheel well. Overall I think it's a good look.

Same thing I'm thinking. I like the way the 26's filled the wheel well, but I do like the 24's as well.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
I just dropped my rim size from 26" to 24" and wanted to know what you think. I also added the color matched splash guards. I can definitely tell the difference in ride quality but I'm missing the way the 26's filled the wheel well. Overall I think it's a good look. Next project will be the platnium front conversion.

First two pics are the 24" and third are the old 26" I use to have on it.
'

I think they look great!!!
What wheels are they? What kind and size tires do you have?
How do you like them?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade
511 Posts
personally i like the look of the deep dish wheels... but i actually think the 22"s look like they fit better.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'

I think they look great!!!
What wheels are they? What kind and size tires do you have?
How do you like them?

They are the Lexani Johnson II 24x9 with 295/35/24 lexani tires. Like I said the ride quality is no different to me then that of the factory 22's. With me having the 26's on my truck for the past 2 years it's a noticeable difference in the ride and with all the traveling I do this was a better decision. I think they look great but I'm more in love with the 26's look. TMO

·
Registered
2011 Escalade EXT, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham (Sold)
57 Posts
Those 24's are sweet!!! You definitely made a good call with those. Honestly IMO, 26's are a little big... but it has to do with what you like. As long as you like the way they the 24's look and feel for ride quality.

How did you like the 2 crave rims? Are they a decent quality? I have my eye on the No. 12 black rims and I will be buying them before the spring. I'm going with a 24 also... Too many potholes where I am so I still need a little bit of rubber. :cool:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Lexani tires???

I've never heard of them. I looked online and they are crazy cheap.
I'm not sure i could ever put tires that cheap on my car....

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those 24's are sweet!!! You definitely made a good call with those. Honestly IMO, 26's are a little big... but it has to do with what you like. As long as you like the way they the 24's look and feel for ride quality.

How did you like the 2 crave rims? Are they a decent quality? I have my eye on the No. 12 black rims and I will be buying them before the spring. I'm going with a 24 also... Too many potholes where I am so I still need a little bit of rubber. :cool:
The 2 crave rims were of good quality. Like I said I had them for 2 years and they never peeled chrome or anything. Good rim choice but still not the quality of the larger name brands of course. Another reason I got rid of them was everybody here had a set of them on their vehicle. So I was like time for a change. They look really good though got a lot of compliments from them.

----------

Lexani tires???

I said the same thing also but after speaking to a couple if guys in the business when you get in the low profile tires they all are pretty much the same so I was like if I have their rims might as well put the tires on them. They are actually decent tires! They are quiet and the traction in the rain is good. All in all I think I made a smart choice. Plus when I do need to replace them I won't feel it as bad cause they won't last all that long just renting the tread on them. Lol

----------

·
Registered
595 Posts
I said the same thing also but after speaking to a couple if guys in the business when you get in the low profile tires they all are pretty much the same so I was like if I have their rims might as well put the tires on them. They are actually decent tires! They are quiet and the traction in the rain is good. All in all I think I made a smart choice. Plus when I do need to replace them I won't feel it as bad cause they won't last all that long just renting the tread on them. Lol

I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade EXT, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham (Sold)
57 Posts
The 2 crave rims were of good quality. Like I said I had them for 2 years and they never peeled chrome or anything. Good rim choice but still not the quality of the larger name brands of course. Another reason I got rid of them was everybody here had a set of them on their vehicle. So I was like time for a change. They look really good though got a lot of compliments from them.
----------
Appreciate it! I will only be using them for about 5 months out of the year anyways because the winter salt is murder on rims around here. All I have ever done was a black vehicle with chrome rims. Black seems to growing on me. I know they aren't the best quality, but positive feedback is great to hear. I will give them a shot now after hearing from someone who has owned them in the past. :thumbsup:

Well good luck with the new rims and keep us informed on those tires! I have just started hearing about Lexani tires just recently. Hopefully they work out well for you.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea you should be very happy with them especially since you only will be using them only 5 months out of the year. I love the black escalade with chrome rims too but I see them quite often on the roads here. I will keep posting on how the lexani tires hold up. Good luck with your new set also.

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV
336 Posts
ELUSIVE said:
Lexani tires???

Very cheap but easy to replace.

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV
336 Posts
ELUSIVE said:
5000 pound truck with 40ish square inches (per corner) of tire the only thing connecting you to the road. I don't skimp on tires.
Some shops out here (FL) say that they throw those on the tire and rim packages to keep the prices down. I'm not knocking you. At least you have a set of larger wheels. I also called some of the shops that sell rims off eBay and they use those as well.

I'm just sayin what I've been hearing about them. I also heard they are rebranded nexen tires. If I came across being an A hole my bad

·
Registered
595 Posts
Some shops out here (FL) say that they throw those on the tire and rim packages to keep the prices down. I'm not knocking you. At least you have a set of larger wheels. I also called some of the shops that sell rims off eBay and they use those as well.

I'm just sayin what I've been hearing about them. I also heard they are rebranded nexen tires. If I came across being an A hole my bad
Not at all. :D
I'll do some more research on them.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
671 Posts
I did the same thing I sold the 26s and put on the stock replica 24s and dropped it and people tell me all the time it looks better than the 26s...I drive a lot and was always worried about the 26s with the low profile tires etc especially I have a brother that is disabled that I take around and was always worried with the 26s. Anyways it looks great enjoy!

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV
336 Posts
BEarle said:
I did the same thing I sold the 26s and put on the stock replica 24s and dropped it and people tell me all the time it looks better than the 26s...I drive a lot and was always worried about the 26s with the low profile tires etc especially I have a brother that is disabled that I take around and was always worried with the 26s. Anyways it looks great enjoy!
When you drop it is it just springs you change?

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV
336 Posts
Don't know if I sound like a dumbass but I've never lowered a ride before and I keep seeing the eibach springs kit. If you just change those is it ok or will it mess up the suspension or have to still do spindles? I'll be getting 24s soon and just wanted to reduce the gap in the wheel well a lil. Thanks for the input y'all! Appreciate it

1 - 20 of 37 Posts