Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:

I've been evaluating vehicles for months, and it has been quite an Odyssey! I finally decided on the Cadillac 2020 CT4-V. Best combination of value and performance, and in my opinion it is a screaming deal compared to its foreign competitors. Not to mention that I was able to negotiate a very good deal (a VERY good deal) in the face of the 2021s coming soon. My car had just arrived from the manufacturer two days earlier, so I guess they are still shipping 2020s. Anyway, I was fortunate as I had a specifications list and this car had all but one of my points on it. I even got the color I wanted, although I was mighty tempted by the beautiful black. Drove it home this Saturday night, and I must say I am very impressed. More impressions to come; meanwhile here are some quick and dirty pics:

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,540 Posts
Very Nice! What car did you have before? What did you compare it against?

More impressions are welcome. I posted my CT4-V report. Mine is below.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. I was downsizing from a 2012 Ford Explorer (V6), which, by the way, is a terrific vehicle. But much bigger than I need now that the kids are grown and so forth. I was seriously considering an XT4 or a Lincoln Corsair, but this vehicle blows both of those away, at least in my opinion.

Went for a long drive this morning and here are a few noob impressions. They probably aren't worth much, because I haven't yet driven all that much. But here goes.

1. The 2.7 liter turbo engine has all the zippity doo dah that one could reasonably want unless you are looking for a true muscle car. The car drives like a well-powered (albeit not a Porsche-class) sports car. I was initially skeptical of 4 liter engines, having had a bad one back in the 1980s with a Ford Thunderbird. But this 2.7 liter turbo engine is a winner, so it seems to me.
2. Love the dash, to the extent that I've got it figured out. A bit more complicated than I realized, but that's a plus, not a minus. I like complexity. Love the interior appointments.
3. With the engine per above, and the brakes and suspension, this car drives very much like a sports car. I watched one You-Tube review where the reviewer excoriates Cadillac for designating this car a "V-type" since it does not have a monster engine, but I agree with Joe Raiti that this car is a powerful sports car with a powerful, if not huge, engine, which places it between a sedan and the true muscle car in line with some of the German competitors. Great turning and suspension = superb handling. Let the Germans beware.
4. The Heads-Up display is nice. Some polarized sunglasses work well with it and some don't. This is hit-or-miss. I found a pair of my Maui Jims that work satisfactorily. It all depends upon the orientation of the polarization of the glasses, which tends to be pretty random.
5. This is the first car I've owned that really handles the Smartphone well, what with the wireless charging and the placement cubbyhole with the plug routing and all. Nice. I like Apple CarPlay and this car accommodates CarPlay beautifully. Particularly with the WiFi 4G hotspot.
6. Again, steering and handling are outstanding. How can you not like this suspension and the Brembo brakes? Even that reviewer who was mad at Cadillac admitted this.
7. The Bose sound system sounds great, and with CarPlay I can listen to all my tunes very easily.
8. Nice to be able to navigate with Google Maps.
9. The native Cadillac operating system seems pretty good. I like it better (so far) than the Ford Synch system, which was pretty good.

I've been knocking around cars for a lot of years and owned a lot of them. I know that there are some reviewers who are never going to say anything really nice about Cadillacs. But this car deserves a lot of praise, in my opinion. It seems to me that Cadillac offers a lot more value per dollar than the other brands, both German and US, that I looked at. Of course these impressions are based on just a bit of hands-on evaluation (but a lot of research) so YMMV.

Some pics from this morning's jaunt. Ain't she pretty?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Thanks for your thought and photos. Your camera is better than my old phone.

This summit white is a new color in 2020. I am thinking it doesn't show the shape of the car, from
certain angles, as well as some other colors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your thought and photos. Your camera is better than my old phone.

This summit white is a new color in 2020. I am thinking it doesn't show the shape of the car, from
certain angles, as well as some other colors.
That may be true about the shape of the car. But I have to say I like the way it looks -- the white with the black trim works for my sense of aesthetics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone:

I've been evaluating vehicles for months, and it has been quite an Odyssey! I finally decided on the Cadillac 2020 CT4-V. Best combination of value and performance, and in my opinion it is a screaming deal compared to its foreign competitors. Not to mention that I was able to negotiate a very good deal (a VERY good deal) in the face of the 2021s coming soon. My car had just arrived from the manufacturer two days earlier, so I guess they are still shipping 2020s. Anyway, I was fortunate as I had a specifications list and this car had all but one of my points on it. I even got the color I wanted, although I was mighty tempted by the beautiful black. Drove it home this Saturday night, and I must say I am very impressed. More impressions to come; meanwhile here are some quick and dirty pics:

Very nice, same color I got. I too was tempted by it's Black brother sitting next to it but I have one black car and that's enough work. The White is beautiful. I'm so happy I bought one, what an amazing car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think The Summit White really Compliments the car, the black accents and tinted windows, it just looks mean. I love mine!

·
Registered
2020 Cadillac CT5 V Black Raven
119 Posts
It's a great looking car! Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

·
Registered
30 Posts
You definitely got the right color. Black would have looked good for 15 minutes, and then dust, dirt, swirls, etc. would have made it way less appealing!

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,775 Posts
You definitely got the right color. Black would have looked good for 15 minutes, and then dust, dirt, swirls, etc. would have made it way less appealing!
Umm, no not ime. My Raven Black XTS get`s washed once every two weeks in summer. I drive a short distance down a gravel lane, and it looks great even at the end of two weeks. The dust just doesn`t show up well on it. Mind, I ceramic coated it and have a very good wax on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could have gone black very happily. (The Raven Black XTS looks very cool.) But the day I bought the car I guess I was in the mood for a white car, so here I am!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
My dealer had a Black and Spice CT4V on order when I ordered my CT4V in Feb. I got mine in
6 weeks and the earlier two got delayed by the plant closing. They still have them.
If you want to see Spice: 2020 Cadillac CT4 in Wilmington at Delaware Cadillac | 1G6DH5RL2L0140367

I prefer radiant silver, which was dropped. Satin steel was considered. I had
Chrystal White on my previous ATS and probably would have gotten that again,
if the V had it. Summit White is new to Cadillac, so I went with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts