Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just want the front lip pieces, does anyone want the rest of the kit? Was going to buy a black kit.
I'm with you djericked..., I'm only interested in the front lips.

I wonder want happens when one of the front lip pieces is damaged? I can see that happening with somebody pulling up on a curb. Would you have to buy the entire kit just to get a replacement?

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
500 Posts
I'm with you djericked..., I'm only interested in the front lips.

I wonder want happens when one of the front lip pieces is damaged? I can see that happening with somebody pulling up on a curb. Would you have to buy the entire kit just to get a replacement?
Not sure if you guys are in the Facebook groups but within the next couple weeks a member will be producing 2-3 different lips. You might find what you need with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure if you guys are in the Facebook groups but within the next couple weeks a member will be producing 2-3 different lips. You might find what you need with that. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I've been following those over on FB. I think that setup will go well with anybody using the CTS-V rear spoiler, but its a little bigger than what I'm looking for.

I have the GM performance optional rear spoiler and I'm wanting a lip that gives the front a little something that will balance out the front/rear of the car. Those smaller lips of the ground effects kit appear to be just the size I'm thinking of.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the kit. I was curious what was involved for the back pieces? Did you have to remove the sound deadening material on the bottom of the car to install them? Are they bolt on or only held by double sided automotive tape?

Clearly the fronts are bolt on, the sides are complete replacements, I'm just not sure about the backs.

Thanks for your help.
What did you find out on this?
I recieved the install instructions from Gmpartsfirst. They were great to deal with btw. You have to drill through the back fascia under the car to install a bracket with rivets. Then the back pieces also have double sided tape already on them and you need some automotive adhesive as well. Essentially the main part is held by 3 clips (that clip into the bolt on bracket) and the tape, but the part of it that wraps around up to the exhaust covers also needs secured further with dow betaseal adhesive that way there is no way the piece comes loose. I can post the install instructions if you need them, just let me know.

They are OEM parts so I'm not very worried about any of them coming loose or rattling after some time. They are very secured to the car with bolts, clips, and tape. The tape is already on all the pieces, you just have to peel off the cover you leave sticking out once the parts are in place.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac ATS
1,141 Posts
Thanks for posting this thread. I absolutely love the OEM ground effects kit. I had the kit on my ATS and it’s the perfect blend of subtleness, but at the same time different enough that it changes the entire look of the car. I recently purchased a 2017 red obsession V sport and have yet to see pics of this kit on a red one, but I’m really looking forward to eventually getting this kit.
Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,497 Posts
Thanks for posting this thread. I absolutely love the OEM ground effects kit. I had the kit on my ATS and it’s the perfect blend of subtleness, but at the same time different enough that it changes the entire look of the car. I recently purchased a 2017 red obsession V sport and have yet to see pics of this kit on a red one, but I’m really looking forward to eventually getting this kit.
Thanks for the post.
I have the red. Love the paint and I don't like red cars. But love this one. Don't have the ground affects though. Welcome to the vsport side.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac ATS
1,141 Posts
I recieved the install instructions from Gmpartsfirst. They were great to deal with btw. You have to drill through the back fascia under the car to install a bracket with rivets. Then the back pieces also have double sided tape already on them and you need some automotive adhesive as well. Essentially the main part is held by 3 clips (that clip into the bolt on bracket) and the tape, but the part of it that wraps around up to the exhaust covers also needs secured further with dow betaseal adhesive that way there is no way the piece comes loose. I can post the install instructions if you need them, just let me know.

They are OEM parts so I'm not very worried about any of them coming loose or rattling after some time. They are very secured to the car with bolts, clips, and tape. The tape is already on all the pieces, you just have to peel off the cover you leave sticking out once the parts are in place.

Posting up the install instructions would be great if you can. That way whenever I buy the kit and it arrives I’m slightly ahead of the game if it shows up with no instructions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac ATS
1,141 Posts
Just placed my order and will be receiving THE last red obsession OEM ground effects kit available. I called the distributor of Cadillac accessories which is called ADI down in North Carolina and he went and hand checked that its sitting there. When dealers try and order another it just blocks the order. Spending $1400 didn't exactly thrill me, but I always knew I wanted this kit and if I didn't do it now the opportunity might be gone forever. Even though I know there wont be many of you out there that are buying this kit, but let me research be of value to you and GMpartdirect with the 20 dollar off "Take5" coupon code is the best deal you will find. No other dealership will match this price. GMpartsdirect even already emailed me the installation instructions which do not come with the kit as already stated in this thread.
Cant wait to receive it!

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac ATS
1,141 Posts
Received the last red obsession ground effects kit in existence. I installed the kit myself and overall it wasn’t difficult. Turned out amazing and the look exceeds how I thought it would be. Even though it’s kind of subtle, it changes the entire presence of the vehicle and transforms it to how the V sport should have come from the factory.
Here are some pics. Car has winter wheels and tires on.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Received the last red obsession ground effects kit in existence. I installed the kit myself and overall it wasn’t difficult. Turned out amazing and the look exceeds how I thought it would be. Even though it’s kind of subtle, it changes the entire presence of the vehicle and transforms it to how the V sport should have come from the factory.
Here are some pics. Car has winter wheels and tires on.

This is the last in existence? I really want the side skirts and rear pieces. Oh well.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac ATS
1,141 Posts
This is the last in existence? I really want the side skirts and rear pieces. Oh well.
Actually turns out there is another in red obsession. Contact GMpartsdirect they ended up getting one in from somewhere. They should have it in stock now.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Actually turns out there is another in red obsession. Contact GMpartsdirect they ended up getting one in from somewhere. They should have it in stock now.
Thanks. Wrong time for me buy that. I damn sure would want it.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
If you want to order a kit and sell me just the 2 front pieces from the kit please let me know!!
I'll let you know but by then I'm sure that last kit will be gone. I do want the side skirts.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I like. Looks good. Get the rear V wing now and it will set everything off nicely.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts