Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Ordering a '18 CTS V-Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks I'm back with one more request.

Has anyone actually SEEN the new for 2018 "Ground Effects Kit?" (LPO code VTD) When I build my soon-to-be-ordered car on Cadillac's website and click the option the appearance of the car barely changes. The option is listed as:
*Front Splitter
*Rear Diffuser
*Left & Right Aero Rockers

When I click the option the aero rockers appear, but the front & rear views of the car don't change. No noticeable "splitter" appears, nor does the look of where the "diffuser" should be either.
I also did a cars.com search for 2018 V-Sports nationwide, but as best I could tell, none of the 30 or so cars I found had the kit installed.
The 4 dealers in my area haven't been much help either, none of them have a V-Sport, nor have they for quite some time.
$1740 is a lot to spend on something sight unseen, and if it barely changes the appearance of the car, then whats the point?
This will be, by far, the most I've ever spent on a vehicle and I really want to get it right.

Any suggestions?
Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
490 Posts
This is news to me!

I tried and I can see the extra lips added to the front corners of the car, and "diffuser" edges on the rear corners behind the wheels. The rocker looks nice, I'm sure some will be buying that when it's available via the dealer!

If you put CTS-V rockers on, they would be about $300-500 plus paint, and there currently aren't any "splitter" options out there. This is as close as we get it looks like.

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
490 Posts
The rear view shows it best and the front view you can see the “splitters” but the rockers aren’t shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear view shows it best and the front view you can see the “splitters” but the rockers aren’t shown.

Wow, it really isn't much of a change, is it? Very...minimal. I guess I was hoping for / expecting something a bit more aggressive.
Still not bad tho.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Way too much money for what you get. Unless the dealer can get you them for way cheaper I would not bother. Cadillac has the absolute worst website for parts. I had a lot of issues when I bought the ground effects kit for my old ATS. Dealers didnt know any better either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Way too much money for what you get. Unless the dealer can get you them for way cheaper I would not bother. Cadillac has the absolute worst website for parts. I had a lot of issues when I bought the ground effects kit for my old ATS. Dealers didnt know any better either.
Yeah, from what I'm seeing here $1740 sure doesn't get you much. Perhaps, with luck, the "build your own" pictures don't do the kit justice. I guess I was expecting too much. Apparently all Cadillac options are horribly over priced. (Like the $1650 "cat back" exhaust that's nothing but 2 loud mufflers) I still have about a month before I pull the trigger on my order. Maybe before then I'll get to see the kit installed on an actual V-sport before I make the final decision whether or not to keep it on the build sheet.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
Forget that, check out this kit from Splitter's PR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cey527TSggs

Last time I contacted them, they were selling the 5 piece set (front, sides, and rear sides) for the following price. The rear diffuser wasn't available at that time.

Matte black $550
Gloss black $575
Carbon fiber $1,200

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Forget that, check out this kit from Splitter's PR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cey527TSggs

Last time I contacted them, they were selling the 5 piece set (front, sides, and rear sides) for the following price. The rear diffuser wasn't available at that time.

Matte black $550
Gloss black $575
Carbon fiber $1,200
Everyone has different tastes but I would not put that on my car. It looks way too aftermarket for me.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I agree that it’s overpriced. Unfortunately, for those who really want to set their car apart from the crowd there isn’t much out there for these vehicles. The downside of owning a niche vehicle.

As for the look of it, I rather like the side skirts and splitter. Adds a touch of classy sportiness IMO, but not too much. I’d skip the diffuser.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Premium, Christal White Tricoat
102 Posts
I see the new Ground Effects Kits are now available accessories for the 2017 and 2018 CTS VSPORT to purchase. My Vsport has all the options except this so I'm considering it.

*Front Splitter
*Rear Diffuser
*Left & Right Aero Rockers

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, I did it.. Ordered the ground Effects kit and will receive it on 3/27.

I'll unpack it and take pictures of everything included to post here. Install and post pictures of that as well.

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
490 Posts
Good job! Looking forward to it. I have a feeling the rear pieces only fit 2017+ so I’m wondering if the rest of us can get separate parts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I finally got the Ground Effects Kit... Here is a picture out of the box. Now I have to find time to install it.

I hope the jpg file uploads ok.. Its been a while since my last upload of pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had to get installation instructions from GMPartsDirect. The only paper that came with it was telling me to go to GM Service Information (S.I.) for the install manual. Of course, I have no access to that.
I'm going to try and get it installed this weekend, if I can stand to wait that long. I'll post before and after pics.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I couldn't wait...lol I installed the rocker panels last night. They turned out to be a pain in the @ss and of course, I had to do one side in the dark which made it even harder. I took pics nd will post later.
I can't finish with the install because I had to order Dow Betaseal adhesive. I thought I had some but it was expired by a year.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts