Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at "new" 2014 CTS-V Sedan. I say "new" because it has 362~ miles on it but probably never titled.
MSRP = $73,970
Internet Price = $63,970

Automatic
Metallic Gray Paint
Recaro Seats Titanium color
Ultraview Sunroof
Yellow Brembo brakes
Suede Streering Wheel & Shifter
Midnight Sapele Wood Trim

I hate that it's an auto, but all the manuals are sold up. I can live with an auto. So I guess the current internet price is significantly below invoice, but the mileage is a bit concerning for "new".
So I guess what would you consider a reasonable offer? Keeping in mind that this is out of state and I would either 1.) have to travel there or 2.) have a local dealer deal for it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Tell them $59K is the most in your budget and see what they say. Give them your name and contact info and wait a few days. The dealer will want to eventually get rid of it and will call you if they can sell it at the lower price. It's a good price at $10K off and most likely a general manager demo vehicle. Make sure your warranty starts the day you buy the car if you end up buying it. Always chew the stealerships down. I am sure they can sell it for less.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Don't think twice about the mileage. Doubt they could do much harm in that short a time. I bought my demo with 4,500 miles and didn't think twice. And it was a great car.

Ask for a video walkaround if you're concerned about it being dinged or scratched...

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
I bought my '14 Vagon last September. 891 miles/$57,500.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
Depends what you want out of your car. The ATS-V will probably handle better, and may just be even quicker than the Gen2. You can't go wrong in either case...unless you want a Vagon.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels
453 Posts
My Lightning had similar mileage to this when I got it. The dealer I purchased it from had gotten it in a dealer trade and it had been driven from one dealer to the other. Never had any trouble with it that could have been related to beating on it that occurred in that time period.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
For my usage the CTS-V works out better then the ATS-V because of the size difference. The ATS is too small for my needs when I take a trip, particularly the trunk size. The 2nd generation CTS-V is just right as far as usable size for my needs.
The 3rd generation CTS-V is 6" longer then the 2nd generation CTS-V, but doesn't seem to give you any measurable difference on the inside.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am looking at a used 2014 V Sedan. It has 9800 miles on it. Has Recaro seats, sunroof, painted calipers(red).
Dealership is asking $54,000. I believe they said it will have the 6yr/100k mile warranty.

Thoughts on what I should offer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts