Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,664 Posts
i changed my order from the CTS with the 2.8 to the Charger R/T with the 5.7. I saved over two grand doing that and iam still getting all the things i wanted from the CTS in the Charger. Also with the Charger it has that MDS that shuts down 4 cylinders, gets like 17/25mph.....same as what the CTS is said to get. Also runs about 14.3 stock in the 1/4 hehe.

· Registered
1,664 Posts
i wouldnt say its a better car, they arnt in the same class. But for me it is a better car, its more of what i want in a car. There will still be a place in my heart for a good ol' cadillac but iam very happy i got the Charger on order, i got more then i thought i could with the Charger, the track pack was a 1600 option but over all still 2 grand less then the 2.8 CTS. alot of the CTS's feat. are on the Charger i got too, and more, like steering wheel control, dual zone climate control, dodges vers of the DIC, heated leather seats, power adjustable pedals....i could go on

· Registered
1,664 Posts
no iam 100% on this, i wasnt 100% happy with the CTS. The hood, i'll be ending my order, so i guess i donated 130 bucks to help the CTS-V guys out lol, but thats fine with me. My step dad is real happy, hes a mopar guy, loves his caravan and his first car was a 66 Plymouth Valiant. He cant wait to see it and iam sure get a ride.

· Registered
1,664 Posts
found 2, well one charger one LX, the 300/magnum/charger platform is the LX. Good people over there, but i wont stop comming here. The SRT with the 6.1 starts at about 38k i think, maybe less but thats to much car for me....till i get the supercharger on the hemi....500rwhp! But thats 6 grand later. My dad had a 73(i think it was, before i was born) Road Runner, blue with white stripes on the side.

· Registered
1,664 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I think you want the 5.7 RT Charger. I think the LX is a 6cyl. If you think you'll SC the 5.7 you should get the 6.1
I am getting the R/T, LX is the basic platform that the Charger/300/magnum are built on. Like the b bodies of yore. And now there is a turbo set up for about 3 grand good for about a 80hp bump. And i wont be doing that for a while. Also the SRT had higher insureance and a gas guzzler tax, the R/T does not. Also higher sales tax. I feel so smart thinking about EVERYTHING this time and not just getting the biggest and best lol. Its funny cause over there the SRT guys tell the R/T guys they shoulda just got a SRT, like the V guys here telling the base guys they shoulda just got a V.

· Registered
1,664 Posts
hasnt been done...yet. Theres a guy putting the 426(6.1) heads intake and headers on the 345(5.7) block with a new cam...and its supercharged. Theres a supercharged magnum that runs 13.3 with headers and exhaust. Iam looking into maybe turbo at about 3500 bucks, about 2 grand less then the supercharger. i figure 400hp to the wheels and i'll stop...maybe....Mopar even sells a CAI and lowering springs, oh oh and chrome valve covers. The whole idea of putting 426 heads on a 345 block reminds me of the Super Bees with 440 heads on 383 blocks. My sn there is SuperBee06 so i may just need to make good on my name and do the head swap and bumble bee stripes!

· Registered
1,664 Posts
Rob you got a mag??? Cool, i liked the mag when it came out but i didnt want a wagon. The charger has those huge rotors too, the really fill out those 18s. I think the front of the Magnum looks a little more relaxed, the Charger looks like it just wants to eat somthing, i love it. In about 3 hours i'll be getting a Super Bee name plate, then the trunk and grill Bees. Yes, i am making a 2006 Dodge Super Bee, hood scoop, bumble bee stripes and all! Cant wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.