Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I pick it up tomorrow. I really love that thing. The past owner put the Corsa exhaust on. I am coming from a 550rwhp Cobra. The first thing I noticed was DAMN!!!! For a sedan this thing moves out and is very comfy. glad to be here.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have some pics for you guys tomorrow. Unfortunately no modding. It was the stipulation in the agreement to let me get the car. The wife HATES the cobra because of the extensive mods. I can live with a 400hp sedan. Unless you guys no of some cheep un-noticeble to eye mods.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
I will have some pics for you guys tomorrow. Unfortunately no modding. It was the stipulation in the agreement to let me get the car. The wife HATES the cobra because of the extensive mods. I can live with a 400hp sedan. Unless you guys no of some cheep un-noticeble to eye mods.
Show your wife who's boss ;)

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
You can't see a cam! :burn:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Show your wife who's boss ;)
Are you going to show her she's the boss?:bouncy:

They are bad ass cars and a lot of fun to drive.

If your car doesn't have it already then you need the CAGs eliminator (if you don't have a tune) and a new shifter. I would recommend checking out www.cadillacfaq.com for new owners, good info.

You will also probably get to know Luke at Lindsay cadillac as well, I would say the best dealership I have ever dealt with!

Good luck on the Mod thing. I was very happy with the 400HP at first but not even 6 month's later I have the Headers on order, I will be doing something with the intake to improve the flow, B&B exhaust, There is a tune in my near future. This will probably only net about 360 to 365 at the rear but hopefully it will keep me satisfied for at least another six month's.

I came from a lifted diesel 4x4 truck (I know, HUGE difference) and I wanted more after a short period. Since you had a 550 RWHP car you may not even last that long (sorry). Problem is I'm already thinking about a head and cam package or a blower sooo many things to do.....

Let your wife relax and forget about the mod's (time should help with this one). Hopefully you can wait that long!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think she would notice the cam anyways. She would think the car sounded broken. LOL. I think I will be ok for a few years.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Says the single guy... :D
It's been 15 months with my g/f now :)

When we first started talking I was in the process of getting my V. She got all upset saying I didn't need 2 Cadillacs and stuff. I ended up getting it anyway and everything's still good :D

There is no question about it. SHE IS THE BOSS!!!

:tisk:

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
It's been 15 months with my g/f now :)

When we first started talking I was in the process of getting my V. She got all upset saying I didn't need 2 Cadillacs and stuff. I ended up getting it anyway and everything's still good :D
Congrats on the 15 months. You know I was giving you a hard time? Ha, I said "hard time".

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Congrats on the 15 months. You know I was giving you a hard time? Ha, I said "hard time".
lol yeah. And it's 17 months. I was going to type 1.5 years but typed 15 months instead lol.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts