Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV in Silver/Blk
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Fellas, new owner of an '04 Silver/Blk V here that I picked up a couple of months ago. I'm in the Texas panhandle just north of Amarillo...too far (damn!) to make the Hooters V meet a couple of weeks back. I've been reading/lurking on the forum occasionally for a while and figured now was as good a time as any to make a post and ask a few questions.

I've seen mention and logos for "Supporting Members", and I'd like to do my part. Can someone PM me a paypal addy or link where I can paypal some "support" to?

Let me preface my mod questions by saying I'm a longtime mustang (Fox3) enthusiast. My current street strip car being a 440rwhp 347 in a 2800# '89 hatchback I used to autocross. Has 13" disks up front, disks out back, 5spd. It's a fun car, but not not much fun driving *all the time*. It's loud, rides rough, has no a/c...and it's almost violently fast with the smallest inputs. Solid roller cam...it's not pc by any stretch. I'm enjoying my V much much more. It's a vastly better all around hotrod. All that being said, I don't consider myself totally inept with the mod stuff.

My car is bone stock right now. My first mods will probably be a lighter flywheel and some kooks headers/cats. I picked up a CTSV rim off ebay, so I'll have a spare shortly. Then as funds allow, a stealth tune and to fix the balky shifter.

I've got a question for fellow V owners that bought a lightweight flywheel/clutch setup, and can benefit me with the hindsight opinions on it.
I see that there's a great sale on the UUC 18#alum. flywheel. I can get a complete Z06 flywheel/clutch/Pplate combo that's practically new from a friend for $225. The Z06 actually uses a steel flywheel? That's nice. Should I do that and buy the T/O bearing spacer from katech or TPIS, or should I just go with the UUC flywheel and re-use my stock disk/p-plate? I am apalled that Caddy went with the 50# flywheel on this car. With the deep gearing there was just no need for it. Damn bean counters. That irks me almost as much as the incredibly cheesy tin wheel lug cap covers, but that's another rant for another post.

If anyone has any kooks or other good headers they're considering selling, drop me a line...else I'll probably be putting in an order with one of the vendors here. I almost pulled the trigger with Luke on a group thing for the kooks a while back...now wishing I had.

Thanks,
Lance

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
You can become a supporting member by clicking on the donate link above in the blue strip. Welcome to the group, enjoy mod hell.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV in Silver/Blk
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang you, Ahahnu! I'd clicked the donate link in the blue stripe at the top and sent a bit of money....where'd it go? Multiple links and addresses to send money to....I hope my phone doesn't start ringing in a minute.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Oops my bad.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV in Silver/Blk
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you actually submit a payment? how much?

Oh, it wasn't much..only $15. Being the high roller that I am, I'll spring for the 6month member deal through the other link. As I see it, it's by far the cheapest mod I'll ever do...except maybe that $17 washer one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Thanks Urby.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV in Silver/Blk
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went ahead and bought the Z06 clutch kit (flywheel/disk/Pplate), so that is the option I'm going with. I can always buy an even lighter Z06 flywheel later on the down the road, but I think I'm going to be happy with the improvement the standard one yields.
My spare rim arrived today, turns out it's from a fellow member here on the forums, V-Ape I beleive. Very good shape, I'm happy with it and now can travel worry free about getting stuck in BFE with a flat. (Actually I live in BFE...but don't want to get stuck 60 miles from BFE). The local ma & pa farm & tractor store doesn't stock 18" tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts