Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Recently I replaced my water pump, steering pump, motor mount, sway bar and linkage. Still there is a annoying sound that I get during acceloration. It sounds like a hissing air sound. Could I have messed up my intake seals or exhaust gaskets when I jacked it up to change the mount? or is there enough rooms to have the le-way to change the mount.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like it is right in front of the driver seat. I cannot even hear it if I am under the hood trying to listen. It could be an intake leak. Or exhaust leak. Can I check them my spraying something around the intake seals.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I've heard of folks using propene around the intakes to see if the cars revs will pick up (it would if its sucking propene thourhg a leak in the intake gasket) but I personally think its risk to be pouring flammable gas onto a running engine....

·
Registered
51 Posts
powerglide said:
I've heard of folks using propene around the intakes to see if the cars revs will pick up (it would if its sucking propene thourhg a leak in the intake gasket) but I personally think its risk to be pouring flammable gas onto a running engine....
You can do this with with over the counter aerosols like throttle body cleaner. Spray Arround the mating surfaces of the gasket if a change in idle is noted, then you have a leak.

-The Cadillac Rancher

·
Super Moderator
86,146 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak. Check the vacuum line on the parking brake release. Also check to see the the diaphram will hold vacuum.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how would I check the diaphram, and where is it located. I did find a plastic piece by the wiper are with hard plastic and two rubber fittings sitting there disconected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts