Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing is ever easy. I just had my Neo ProLink PODGMXMV2 iPhone/iPod adapter installed into the '07 V yesterday. When I connect my iPhone 3G there is a hissing/squealling sound in the background. Also, the iPhone wants to go into Airplane mode, which is indicative of a incorrect cable. Ipod touch works fine. Anyone else encounter this with iPhone 3G? I am waiting for tech support to call me back.....

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum
1,182 Posts
I'm not sure how this unit is installed since I have never played with one

but

signal noise is often the result of a poor ground or a non-isolated signal. Maybe their tech support can point you in the right direction.

Who installed it? You or a professional?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it installed by a pro. I have used them for years. I don't think it was the install since the adapter works perfect with my iPod touch. I only get the interference with the iPhone 3G. Still waiting for them to call me back. You know, the 30 minute response time that has taken 4 1/2 hours now.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
236 Posts
does it go away in airplane mode?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. the same amount of hissing. I finally spoke to the tech support and he said there might me minor hissing on iPhone 3G. I told them then they need to put that on a disclaimer. Anyways, my stereo shop is taking lead on getting this fixed for me, even if it means removing the unit and going with the USA-SPEC model. ** Quick plug for Stan at San Diego Car Stereo on Convoy. If your in SD, go to him first ** More to follow. I can't believe no one else has experienced this....:banghead:

·
Registered
07 Light Platinum CTS V (Valarie) 99 Pewter Trans Am (Jesse)
70 Posts
have been thinking about doing it in my 07, but every write up i see ends up like this..... not to mention ends up costing a grip

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
236 Posts
any updates? Just got a 3GS and it does the same thing =(

·
Registered
Red 09 CTS-V, Silver 06 STS-V, Red 08 CTS4 for winter
475 Posts
While I do not have the ProLink, I had the same issue with the USSpec until I got the right cable. Once that was in place, it worked great. The error from the iPhone to go into airplane mode is normal. Do they offer a newer cable?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts