Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys called goodyear???...im sure some have but just sharing some info in case some of you are in the same boat as me!

My tires are shot at 9000 miles so i call them.
Customer Service: 1-800-321-2136

They are giving me $263 toward a new set of Goodyears or Dunlops. So i decided to go with the WinterSport M3s DSST.

Hope that helps somone!

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
That never occurred to me...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
V Amazed said:
damn, maybe i should have called them when my stock f1 runflats went bald at 3800 miles...

Ben
WOW!!!! HOw in the world do some of you on here drive these cars? I thought i drove it hard, but i guess i drive it like grandpa!
9000 miles, no diff wine, tires lasted about twice as some of the people on here and only prob so far is the CLUNK has gotten really relaly annoying and loud!

Maybe i need to re-evaulate my performance driving abilities!

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
naiculnila said:
WOW!!!! HOw in the world do some of you on here drive these cars? I thought i drove it hard, but i guess i drive it like grandpa!
9000 miles, no diff wine, tires lasted about twice as some of the people on here and only prob so far is the CLUNK has gotten really relaly annoying and loud!

Maybe i need to re-evaulate my performance driving abilities!
Your time will come...

New tires: 15.8K

New differential: 19.8K

New transmission: 22K

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
naiculnila said:
Have you guys called goodyear???...im sure some have but just sharing some info in case some of you are in the same boat as me!

They are giving me $263 toward a new set of Goodyears or Dunlops. So i decided to go with the WinterSport M3s DSST.

Hope that helps somone!
What did they quote you for the four DSST's?

Tony

·
Registered
241 Posts
malcolm said:
Owning a Cadillac....Priceless:yup:
More like owning a GM vehicle. We have quite a few cars and it seems I'm constantly at the dealership having repairs done.

I was doing good till this week. Radiator is leaking, PS pump is going out, and second radio buttons peeling after 1 1/2 months.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2004ctsv said:
What did they quote you for the four DSST's?

Tony
Well, in order to get that credit u have to buy the tires at an approved GoodYear retailer (JustTires for me), and my out of pocket for them is 80 bux a tire! So i'm looking at around 300+ dollars for the whole deal! Considerably better than paying 200+ per tire buying something different!

wildwhl: is traction that bad when dry? I'm in the NE area so i needed something for the winter just in case. Spring time i might just spring for some CCWs and some new rubber! But until then it the M3s will have to do!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks NAICULNILA!!!
Your post could not have come at a better time. I'm at 9K and my tires are shot also.
I called the 800# for Goodyear and the lady gave me a file number to take to an authorized Goodyear Dealer. He called them and they said that accordihg to their information the tire should last 30K!!!? Don't laugh, that's what she showed on her computer and you know how accurate they are.

Anyway, they prorated the tire and are going to sell me new ones at $133 each. Plus mounting, balance etc. Total out the door price is $788.25 for the set.

The last thing I was wanting was another set of these tires but at this price they are cheaper than a non run flat and I couldn't turn it down. I was prepared to run on non run flat tires but I DO like the security of not having to worry about a flat.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
naiculnila said:

Hope that helps somone!
Thanks man. I did this today. I had 12,000 miles and they were to the wear indicators and I called The number you gave me. The lady asked if I had been to a Goodyear dealer. I told her I had talked to Discount Tire. She gave me a case number and asked me to have Discount Tire Call them when they could look at the car. I went today and gave Discount Tire the phone number and the case number. He called and they gave me $214 per tire towards a new set of Goodyear F1 GS D3's. Total drive out with road force balancing, full road hazard warranty and taxes.................$400.00

The tires are supposed to go 30,000 miles and they prorated them accordingly

Goodyear Rocks.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
SO they will do this for the GS D3's? I will be calling about this VERY soon. I wonder if they would let me get 245/45 R18s in the front and 275/40 R18s in the rear?

A new set of GS D3's for $400.....damn that's awesome!!!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
naiculnila said:

Hope that helps somone!
They gave you $263 total or 263 per tire (263 *4)?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts