Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i Have A 92 Eldo, Coming Home From Work With Heat On And When I Arrived And Turned The Car Off Blower Motor Kept Running. Next Morn Battery Dead And Had To Unplug Blower From Under Hood. Anyone Please Help, Its Getting Cold Here In Baltimore.... Robert.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
I cant help you with the solution, but our '90 Olds 98 Regency has the same problem. to hold us over I split the fan power cord (along the engine firewall) and put in a toggle switch under the dash. The fan controls are not functional (ie speed) but we can turn the fan on & off.

K

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
I can't recall if the '92 has a seperate resistor module to control the fan speed or if it is integrated. If it is seperate it is likely mounted on the HVAC box on the firewall. If it is, then that is likely your problem. If it is integrated, then it's blower motor time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the blower control module, the part that you disconnected, has gone bad. If it has for wires going to it, thats the correct part. It shorted inside leaving the fan 'on' at all times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts