Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
(V)icious Coupe
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hitting the 1/8 mile track near my house tomorrow. Car has stock PS2's with 600RWHP....Suggestions on tire pressure, launch technique, etc...burnout with water box, without???

First time to the track with the car...next visit will have DR's, hopefully the MTs if they come out with the 19" DR soon...

Thanks
B

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan
148 Posts
If you dont mind me asking. Whats mods do you have done to be at 600rwhp?

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
Hitting the 1/8 mile track near my house tomorrow. Car has stock PS2's with 600RWHP....Suggestions on tire pressure, launch technique, etc...burnout with water box, without???

First time to the track with the car...next visit will have DR's, hopefully the MTs if they come out with the 19" DR soon...

Thanks
B

With that kind of power and PS2's---Oh boy!

Your best bet is to try and "coax" it it off the line by rolling into the throttle from idle. The amount of wheelspin( a slight amount off the line is ok) will dictate how quickly or slowly you get the throttle to the mat.

FWIW, try dropping the rear psi to 25 and definitely do a good smokey burnout ( after driving AROUND the burnout box and BACKING into it ). Don't let off the throttle after you do the burnout but instead keep the tires spinning as you come out of the burnout box up to the starting line.

It will definitely take a few runs to find out how much or how little to give it off the line ( the sweet spot if you will). You may also wish to try to launch the car with the T/C on in order to limit your wheelspin and then take the T/C off as soon as you feel no wheelspin.

Good luck and remember you're trying to do something with those PS2s that is very difficult to do with stock power let alone 600 rwhp!

·
Registered
(V)icious Coupe
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you dont mind me asking. Whats mods do you have done to be at 600rwhp?
CAM,Ported SC,TB,Snout,9.5 Crank Pulley,W4M CAI,W4M Dyno Tune with tranny tune...other mods like the heat exchanger but they are not directly related such as thermostat etc

606 RWHP sae corrected on a mustang dyno...542 RWTQ uncorrected....I forgot to get the corrected TQ number...so it is higher than 542RW...

·
Registered
(V)icious Coupe
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With that kind of power and PS2's---Oh boy!

Your best bet is to try and "coax" it it off the line by rolling into the throttle from idle. The amount of wheelspin( a slight amount off the line is ok) will dictate how quickly or slowly you get to the throttle to the mat.

FWIW, try dropping the rear psi to 25 and definitely do a good smokey burnout . Don't let off the throttle after you do the burnout but instead keep the tires spinning as you come out of the burnout box up to the starting line.

It will definitely take a few runs to find out how much or how little to give it off the line ( the sweet spot if you will).

Good luck and remember you're trying to do something with those PS2s that is very difficult to do with stock power let alone 600 rwhp!
I KNOW...I KNOW... just finishing the tires off before getting the DR's....Yeah I thought 25 would be a good PSI also....Thanks bro...I'll post up the 3.0 60ft later LOL...j/k

Do you think I should hit the waterbox or no??? Street tires????

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
Do you think I should hit the waterbox or no??? Street tires????

Yes definitely hit the burnout box with the PS2s but as mentioned drive AROUND it and BACK into it, then let the wheels spin their way out of the box up to the staring line.

Will look forward to hearing how you do!

·
Registered
CTS-V
342 Posts
I only ran on ps2 when I made 535whp and had two 60' above 2.2 and was able to get a 1.78 and 1.84 if I remember correctly. I ran with trackion control off and in sport mode squeezing the throttle as quick as I could and still keep traction. Looking back you might do best by leaving in drive so it launches in 2nd. Has someone tried this before, I'm sure someone has. I would only do this if you cannot hook up.

·
Registered
(V)icious Coupe
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes definitely hit the burnout box with the PS2s but as mentioned drive AROUND it and BACK into it, then let the wheels spin their way out of the box up to the staring line.

Will look forward to hearing how you do!
YEP YEP, that is the plan sir....thank you very much for the advice...will let you guys know...

·
Registered
(V)icious Coupe
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I only ran on ps2 when I made 535whp and had two 60' above 2.2 and was able to get a 1.78 and 1.84 if I remember correctly. I ran with trackion control off and in sport mode squeezing the throttle as quick as I could and still keep traction. Looking back you might do best by leaving in drive so it launches in 2nd. Has someone tried this before, I'm sure someone has. I would only do this if you cannot hook up.
Yeah, I am not expecting much...I was begged to go by six other guys....it will be fun nontheless....Yeah, I think you are right, going to try the Sport mode first, then if that doesn't work I will try the in drive option...second gear should be fun enough...Hoping to get below 7.5....we will see with street tires...Thanks for the advice man, much appreciated.

Also, trying to get some good Youtube vid action...we will c...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts