Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a dealer/company that can get these tires to me asap. I'm having a hard time finding them let alone having them shipped out on the zipper.

Thanks,
Chef

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good stuff! - Two of the bunch I tried and they said they were back ordered for 4 months:helpless:

I'll hit the phones and see what pops....

thx,
Chef

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Wish you well, a last option could be to attend an SCCA event, hang out in the pits and 'find yourself a set that is just lying around'-:lildevil:.
I guess Hoosiers or Nittos are not what you are considering...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think from what I hear the r888's have a better sidewall than the Nitto's and also sizing in Nitto didn't work for me. Hoosiers will be going on the second set of CCW's that I'm getting as a back up set so until then I'm just going sell the current stock black wheels and sort of wait on the second set. I'm going to drive those triple 8's to a from work as well:bomb:

Going to see how they fair against the supercars with Michelin Sport Cups.

SCCA is right around the corner thus the rubba push to get some shoes:yup:

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,133 Posts
If you're really hard pressed you can order some from Japan or the UK. My brother has R888s on his track wheels for two different cars over in England. Of course you'll pay big $$$ due to the weakness of the dollar, and then you've gotta pay for shipping, but you seem to have money coming out your ears, sooo...

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Chef, you only need to go back to your thread on the Hoosier R6 for the info you need. As it states on this thread, frisby race tires is the best place to get R888s. I got 4 245/40/18s for $285 each.

I ran these for the first time at Watkins Glen last weekend. Really liked the tires a lot. Warmed up quickly and gave me plenty of grip. Showed very little tire wear at the end of the day. Allows you to actually drive the car more than the R6s I'd been using before.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
247 Posts
Frisbyracetire

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tires are here and the new Black wheels - Monday I'm attempting the big meat up front - 275/35 and bigger meat in back 295/30...Toyo's R888's Look SICK sitting in my garage:highfive:

Rolling front and rear...

Jim - they're 25's OD...

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Is this old thread resurrection day?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts