Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a set of HIDs and need to get access to my headlight. It looks like I need to take them off. Any help?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
CTS-V-TT said:
I just recently bought a set of HIDs and need to get access to my headlight. It looks like I need to take them off. Any help?

There might be a bit on this over at cadillacfaq.com. Otherwise you can search the forums here to find some info. I'm gonna warn you though, it will involve removing the ENTIRE front bumper just to get to the headlights! Have fun, and keep lots of cold ones handy to steady your nerves!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
CTS-V-TT said:

You need to remove the front bumper but is is VERY simple. First open your hood and remove the push pins you see holding the bumper to the car. Then remove the plastic fender wells by removing the push pins. on each side along the edge of the bumper you will feel 2 bolts the first one take it all the way off and the second one just loosen it up a little dont take it all the way off. Your bumper will slide right off for you to change out the headlights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot everyone for helping me. I knew I might have to take the bumper off, but thats not a problem. It will just make this project that much more exciting.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
SdMarineGuy said:
You need to remove the front bumper but is is VERY simple. First open your hood and remove the push pins you see holding the bumper to the car. Then remove the plastic fender wells by removing the push pins. on each side along the edge of the bumper you will feel 2 bolts the first one take it all the way off and the second one just loosen it up a little dont take it all the way off. Your bumper will slide right off for you to change out the headlights.
Dont forget to remove the pins from the grill as well since the grill and bumber need to come off in one piece.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
tomm said:
Dont forget to remove the pins from the grill as well since the grill and bumber need to come off in one piece.
Thanks yes remove the pins from the gril but only the ones that attach the grill to the metal frame of the car. Also get eith Tomm your gonna need special pins to make your high lights works but installing the pins take second since the ones he has are a perfect fit.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
CTS-V-TT said:

:welcome: to the Forum Newbie:p :yup: :D

I have the Service Manual instructions how to do this that I can FAX to you. Just supply your fax number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts