Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, guys, be nice. It's been awhile since I've owned a GM (I miss my Blazer) and this is the first Caddy I've ever owned. (84 Seville, HT4100 engine.. hey, it was cheap. Like really cheap. It's a fixer-upper.) Trying to diagnose a battery drain problem and the Haynes manual doesn't tell me what I need to know.. which is - what these parts are on the driver's side of the engine compartment, just to the right of the power steering reservoir?? (see attached pic.) When the battery is re-connected (inside little red box, proper name unknown, it's behind the radiator overflow tank on the passenger side), one of these three items is making an intermittent clicking sound, like a starter would.. except that the starter motor is located under the engine. And I can't figure out which one of them the clicking noise is coming from. :confused: Any help appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
Not a very good picture but I am with Katshot on this one.

·
Registered
92 Eldorado Touring Coupe
77 Posts
Owned a '83 Seville in a previous life. Katshot and moderator are right on. I'm way rusty on diagnosis. It's been too many years. If you look in front of the back axle, you shoold find an electronics module. It will be wrapped in black tape. This contains the soleniods and I think the mercury switch for the leveling system. In the fuse box under the drivers side dash there is a fuse for the leveling system. Pull it and see if the clicking stops.

I can't tell if the failure is in the rear axle sensor, the pump soleniod or in the wiring. Haynes Manuals for this is worthless for this. You need to start searching for a factory manual. Good luck and Happy Holidays.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts