·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem

I like all three in this order

Escalade, SRX, XTS

the only reason the XTS is in last is because ive had trucks for the past 9 years and going to a car will be a little tough but not hard to do

I guess im stuck just deciding on what design i want LOL

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have a problem

I like all three in this order

Escalade, SRX, XTS

the only reason the XTS is in last is because ive had trucks for the past 9 years and going to a car will be a little tough but not hard to do

I guess im stuck just deciding on what design i want LOL
Escalade, or look at a GL JMO

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
I think he meant to say "GL IMO"
A Mercedes Benz GL in my opinion.

----------

These are 3 very different vehicles.
Do you want big or little?
Do you want ground clearance?
Do you want a hatchback?

Go drive all 3 and see which one better suits your comforts and needs.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover V8 SC ... 2015 Corvette Z06/Z07
923 Posts
Are you looking for right now?

Makes little sense to buy the Esky just before the next gen. redesign, the SRX will be super if you're a young lady of taste, and the XTS requires you to move to Delray Beach.

Why not wait a tad and get the new Denali or Escalade when they come out?

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because right now i can sell my EXT and make a profit on it, if i wait longer ill lose even more on it, its under warranty till March and im getting top dollar for a trade in

·
Registered
923 Posts
That makes sense ... I imagine that getting a good price on an EXT is going to be increasingly hard now that they're getting discontinued, so if you have a good offer on yours you're smart to jump on it.

I dunno, if it were me and it had to be a GM vehicle, I'd pass on both the XTS and SRX and get either a new gen Acadia or Enclave. The SRX is just too small imo and the XTS is underpowered. But then again, if it were really me, I'd get a one or two year old CTS-V to hold me over till the new Esky comes out. :)

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem is i bought this escalade and i wanna go back to leasing, so i figured a 3 year lease on one of these cars by the time it goes back the 2nd year new Escalade body will be comming out and they will have worked out all the bugs and problems.

LESSON LEARNED LONG LONG time ago

NEVER EVER no matter what buy a first year release of a new body car, they always have issues, look at the 2007 escalade

·
Registered
923 Posts
Well Pete, by that reasoning the XTS should be off your list then no?

I joke about the SRX but I've driven it and it's a nice little crossover, it's just very small coming from an Escalade.
And buying a 13 Escalade is probably the worse move depreciation wise.

So getting a slightly used CTS-V, keeping it for a couple of years, and purchasing a 15 Escalade is the best plan.

There, I sorted it out for you ... all you need is pick a CTS-V version and a color.

You're welcome. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
PeteKT said:
The problem is i bought this escalade and i wanna go back to leasing, so i figured a 3 year lease on one of these cars by the time it goes back the 2nd year new Escalade body will be comming out and they will have worked out all the bugs and problems.

LESSON LEARNED LONG LONG time ago

NEVER EVER no matter what buy a first year release of a new body car, they always have issues, look at the 2007 escalade
This makes sense, but I don't think I'll be able to resist. There's nothing like being one of the first to own the new model escalade. But then again it is slow fading as well. So I see your point.

----------

I would rather take the small loss on your current vehicle and get something you will like for the long run. I have a feeling that your other choices will leave you wishing you would have waited on the new escalade.

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im thinking the 3 year lease on an escalade will be returning it early 2016 if not sooner when they do there lease pull aheads.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Never buy the 1st year of a new model.
You'll want to wait till the 2nd year to purchase one of the new Escalades. That will be in late 2015 to 2016.
Your 3 year lease idea isn't all that bad.

·
Registered
2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4
212 Posts
I'd go with the Escalade hands down! You have a lot more vehicle for the money. All wheel drive, tons of interior space, and once you have become so used to the ride height of trucks, you will hate being in a low riding vehicle, always griping about how you used to be able to see over everything else on the road. The SRX is not in the running for me. Soulsea kind of hit the nail on the head for that ride :) I would not have thought of such eloquent words, so I'll go with his description. My wife and I just drove both the SRX and the XTS. We were unimpressed with the SRX. It was not very comfortable, and let quite a bit of road noise into the cabin. The XTS was definitely the better of the two in our opinion, but we would not give up our EXT for either one of them.

·
Registered
923 Posts
im thinking the 3 year lease on an escalade will be returning it early 2016 if not sooner when they do there lease pull aheads.
This is the best of all the options you have put out there.

There's only one problem with it ... and this is me projecting what would be a major problem for ME, stemming from my own shallowness and crippling insecurities, so it may or may not translate to you. I would die a tiny little death inside driving a current gen Esky every time I'd see a new gen one on the road, knowing that I'm locked into this moving anachronism for one or two more years. First time that would happen I'd go home, hide under my bed, and weep for days over buckets of fried chicken and Everclear.

But like I said, that's probably just me ... and to be fair, I do that pretty much every day anyway.

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya sorry thats not me, LOL i can care less about that cuz ill be looking at the new escalade and laughing at all the problems the first year owners are having LOL

·
Registered
09 escalade
540 Posts
If you are gonna lease and pay about same amount of money I would say escalade.
Xts is nice
I had brand new one as a loaner for a week.
Comfortable and nice ride.
Srx is small and visibility is not very good and design is not for me.
Escalade is getting old,
Next year you will have a 8 years old design truck.
If you don't care about that go for escalade.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's the beauty of leasing in my opinion.
You know you're done in X number of months.
When the new one comes out...maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't...but you know that you'll be done with your lease and onto something else at the end. Maybe it will be a new Escalade.

It's not like a new 2013 Escalade is so bad that you're going to be dying because you don't have the new one. It's still going to be a pretty nice ride!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts