Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS-White Diamond
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 97 Eldo...I understand or read here, that it's simply a matter of turning socket and plugging in new bulb.

I got my hand on it, and turned a quarter turn, it did not pop out..
What's the trick?....I don't have to unclip anything? I can feel the socket w/out doing so.

??
Prompt advice is great, as I get the bulb in the morning..

thx!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Turn it as far as you can, you may have to give it a pretty swift tug to get it out, especially if its remotely corroded.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
wiggle it a bit it (it being the socket after youve turned it as far as possible) helps prob alot of dirt in the socket surround
also been A LONG time cherry hows the ETC, keepin an eye on that coolant temp (this is ETC97 BTW)

·
Registered
03 CTS-White Diamond
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wiggle it a bit it (it being the socket after youve turned it as far as possible) helps prob alot of dirt in the socket surround
also been A LONG time cherry hows the ETC, keepin an eye on that coolant temp (this is ETC97 BTW)
hey!!
Cherry's coolant woes are fine now..keep leaking from plug in new/replacment rad...she's cool.
I got job far drive away, and she's loving it..seems the more I run her, the happier , just like ya'll say.
I wanta go get the bulb, if I can fix it, I'll be :p..
Also, she needs tires/brakes, roters i'd guess..she woobles in front when having to break at highway speeds, like my daily drives to work..80 to stop....woobles...me no likey..:nono:

·
Registered
03 CTS-White Diamond
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

lucky for me, the troubled socket was on the drivers side, which was replaced just before this one (passenger side) blew...so.
It came out like butter, and I got it fixed, while I was down there, I checked the other side, since I'm one who runs the fogs lights all the time, so I can change the next side when IT goes...I'll have trouble, there is a fat plastic, wing-nut type do da there, holding what looks like the bumper to frame?? It interferrs with the full turning of fog light socket..so you can't pull it out...i tried to turn the interring nut out the way, but it didn't go , and I didn't keep trying, as that one works anyhew...

happy, thx boys..:bouncy:

kp ;)

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,979 Posts
I knew you could do it Kim. :thumbsup: Glad to hear "Cherry" is still around and running good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts