Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Black one too...anyone know a place to get one from cheaper than the dealer??? please help- my bumber cracked yesterday and although it is still drivable, its FUGLY :(

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Looks like the Erebuni front bumper now, haha....

Sorry to see the damage, man. Try a few salvage yards.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was on campus yesterday in it seemd like a monsoon came..well there was a puddle that lookd like 4" but it was like 20"
I had NO CHOICE but too go through it. And if i would have gone any slower than I did, my car would def suckd up water..so it was either go though it or stall in it..I choose to go though and the water some how (i have no idea how) it ripped my front bumper AND the underbody plastic protecter. IM going to try to get it warrentied but if not..ill just be paying like 2k for a whole front end :(

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
u wont pay 2k....
CTS owners who do the V-front end conversion finish the job for like 1300 on average (thats WITH the upper grille, lower grille, bumper, fog lights, brackets, blah blah blah EVERYTHING).

i think you're looking at like 700 bucks out of pocket... maybe some more if you need a lower grille..

·
26,239 Posts
I was on campus yesterday in it seemd like a monsoon came..well there was a puddle that lookd like 4" but it was like 20"
I had NO CHOICE but too go through it. And if i would have gone any slower than I did, my car would def suckd up water..so it was either go though it or stall in it..I choose to go though and the water some how (i have no idea how) it ripped my front bumper AND the underbody plastic protecter. IM going to try to get it warrentied but if not..ill just be paying like 2k for a whole front end :(
Warranty covers parts from manufacturing defects- don't try and get it warrantied- be a man and pay for the damage you did. People accuse dealers of trying to rip off customers, and you're going to try and bilk GM out of a new bumper because you damaged it?

Unreal.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope fogs are fine..and yea im guna still try to have GM pay for it...y not
and i hope its only 700

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Warranty covers parts from manufacturing defects- don't try and get it warrantied- be a man and pay for the damage you did. People accuse dealers of trying to rip off customers, and you're going to try and bilk GM out of a new bumper because you damaged it?

Unreal.
Don't worry GM is capable of defending themselves on this one.
It's not like you could take advantage of GM, even if you tried.
So why not try?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
A Black one too...anyone know a place to get one from cheaper than the dealer??? please help- my bumber cracked yesterday and although it is still drivable, its FUGLY :(
Most major cities have a vendor that refurbishes plastic bumpers. Reg bumpers are refurbed for $100.

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Warranty covers parts from manufacturing defects- don't try and get it warrantied- be a man and pay for the damage you did. People accuse dealers of trying to rip off customers, and you're going to try and bilk GM out of a new bumper because you damaged it
tony...you could say the same thing about ppl who try and get there diffs covered under warranty after they add a maggie, or nitrous or all the bolt ons.....dont pick on one person trying to get something covered, we all abuse in one way or another and try to get covered.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
tony...you could say the same thing about ppl who try and get there diffs covered under warranty after they add a maggie, or nitrous or all the bolt ons.....dont pick on one person trying to get something covered, we all abuse in one way or another and try to get covered.
Not all of us. I clear every mod with my dealership. I have yet to make a warranty claim.

·
26,239 Posts
WRONG.

I have never tried to get warranty to cover something I broke. Doing so is dishonest and pathetic. Your comparison to the diff is ridiculous, as that part breaks on bone stock cars. Bumpers do not magically break unless the car has been wrecked. What's next- wrapping the car around a phone pole and asking warranty to cover it?

I'd love to hear this conversation: "Well Mr. Service Advisor....I was just driving down the street, minding my own business, when suddenly a huge chunk of my front bumper flew off! Obviously this is due to poor manufacturing, so I would like a new front cover immediately."

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Diff is clearly an under rated piece even at stock levels. Failure is not exclusively due to the addition of any bolt-ons or even a maggie. Not saying that they help the situation, however, the failure is already set-up from the factory. It is, in fact, a warranty issue.

That is in no way analogous to tryna warranty damage that was caused by either your own fault or "the conditions" that you might have been placed in, as it were. That damage has nothing to do with product failure.

People have enough trouble tryna get legitimate warranty claims taken care of. Honestly, what makes you think you're gonna get any help with this one? Shit happens. That's life. If it's not a warranty item, just take care of it (or use your insurance, if you wish). Just think you might be pushin it.

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
true, however, one could argue that with factory suspension, the ground clearance of the front valence should be streetable. I do agree that it probably wont be covered, but it doesnt hurt to ask. If I had a maggie, and blew out my diff, I would try to get it covered.....wouldnt you? duh.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts