Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac DHS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have this 02 DHS that's still in the shop getting the sensors fixed. Meanwhile I'm thinking I need to get new tires when I get it back. What tires would you suggest? Current'y it has those general tires.

give me some tips.

oh yeah, what is best for the up keep on those chrome looking rims?

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
It largely depends on how much you drive and through what kinds of conditions you drive. Personally I'd recommend the best tires you can afford. Don't go cheap afterall 1) its a Cadillac, and 2) Its the ONLY means your car has to contact the road beneath it.

I'd recommend either a premium Goodyear or Michelin Tire.

Regularly cleaning your chrome wheels with chrome cleaner is what I've always done and its kept mine near mint condition even after going through salt and winter.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Buy the round tires. Mine are made of rubber.

I buy many of my tires from Sams or Walmart. You can special order all kinds of brands. Discount Tire is excellent also; fantastic customer service there. No customer service at Walmart. Not much at Sam's unless they recognize you coming back time after time.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,114 Posts
Red........:thumbsup: Comanche.......:eek: Asking "what kind of....?" in here is like restarting the oil wars. No matter which tire, brake, oil or filter you use, someone will diss you for it. Go with the best tires in a name brand at a center that can do your flats, rotation, and balancing, all probably free for the life of the tires.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
The michelins are nice, I like the ones with the little narrow whitewall :D

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
On a Caddy, go Vogue or go home. Nothin spells "prosperous" like tippin' on those mustard 'n mayos!

check out CARDIO DOC's hompage or his place on EBAY. He sells alot of Vogues and can get you a good price.

·
Registered
03 DTS
225 Posts
Flitz with the power ball, mothers works well with the power ball. Go with the goodyears, they will be just slightly stiffer on small bumps but corner much better without the mush rollover. Thats what is going to replace my Vogues when they go. Buy american made whenever possible !!!!!! I think Conti, Cooper & goodyear are about all that is left? I use Cooper studded in the winter and Goodyear in the summer.

·
Registered
03 DTS
225 Posts
Be aware youe mileage will drop with the goodyears with the kevlar band, due to higher rolling resistance but they drive nice. And it does not drop much. At least I didn't notice much in my 500 hp K2500 suburban. However in care I hear you can expect 1 mpg drop highway and 1-2 mpg drop city. Once you get them on let us know how they do.

·
Registered
1994 DeVille & 1995 Fleetwood
149 Posts
Whatever you buy, BUY AMERICAN!

I believe Vogue and most goodyear are made here.

I bought some goodyear "assurance triple treds" for my ex's Bonnieville and they are awesome.

·
Registered
03 DTS
225 Posts
Check out Tire-easy.com cheapest I have found. Just bought 4 225-60-16 pirelli winter carvers for total $380 to my door. Tire rack was $574 for same thing.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
what do you use on your rims to keep them shiny?
Those are chrome rims - soap and water makes them shiny. But seriously - I use Mothers chrome polish for my chrome rims on my Fleetwood and Eldorado.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts