Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the Bose cd/cassette head unit (with cd changer in armrest)and would like something that has GPS, Bluetooth and possibly an aux input or SD/micro sd card input.
I would like t to be a double DIN to look as factory as possible. I was checking out units on ebay and saw one from a 2002 Seville but it appears to have 2 additional jacks in the back in addition to the main one that looks the same. Are there any Cadillac units that might work or what would be the best recommendation for an aftermarket wit the least amount of modifications?...(ideally hookup through use of a custom wiring harness)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,470 Posts
You'll need to do a lot of homework - the original head unit (and for the BOSE - all wiring needs to be changed) is part of the vehicle content theft, TheftLock and serial data bus systems. Its memory is programmed with your car's serial number. There are some necessary hoops to be jumped through.

We have some good audio members - one or more will chime in.

Down in the Audio/Video/Security forum ??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid of that.
If I could find one, I would be content simply by adding a stand alone GPS that would have Bluetooth and an fm modulator.
I would love to be able to use my phone hands free through the existing stereo as a speaker phone and media player at and can do it with a Bluetooth speaker phone, but it is a pain having to be removed all of the time to be charged. If there is such a thing that can be hard wired into a power supply that would work too.
I'm open to a lot of after market options that would leave the existing stereo intact, so if anyone knows of any, please chime in...it actually would be much easier than messing with he had unit anyway.

·
Registered
Diamond White '03 STS
63 Posts
Hop on crutchfield, search your car, itll pop up a bunch of radios that fit the car. When you add it to the cart it'll prompt you with the additional parts you'll need to make it work in the car. The addons are expensive, but it makes the install correct and will function just fine retaining all factory options, chimes etc. Their prices are decent, but if you're looking to save the most buy the stuff separately online and you'll save a chunk of money. Good luck

·
Registered
96 seville sls
35 Posts
I used the ipod interface for GM to replace my trunk mounted 12 CD changer 89$ was well worth it. As he says above cruthfields is where you want to be. Garmin is your best bet for GPS, they for my money are more user friendly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I used the ipod interface for GM to replace my trunk mounted 12 CD changer 89$ was well worth it. As he says above cruthfields is where you want to be. Garmin is your best bet for GPS, they for my money are more user friendly.
Is this something that is also available from Crutchfield? This will pretty much do everything I was looking for from a replacement head unit. Has anyone used anything like this with any success? My biggest concern with any Bluetooth device is I want it connected to the car's power supply, not a rechargeable or battery unit and want it to play through the existing radio
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271470418637?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
96 seville sls
35 Posts
I have used mine for my mp3 for over a year,but not with Bluetooth that I use the garmin Bluetooth equipped GPS for.I know some mp3s are Bluetooth equipped that should then work through existing radio. My mp3 uses the existing radio and steering control's to select mp3 selection move up down etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts