Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

Let me start off by saying that I searched the forum for the answers to these questions FIRST, before posting, but I couldn't find the exact answers I was looking for which is why I am posting here. Anyway, I like the stock OEM wheels (OEM means stock Cadillac wheels right?) and want to purchase a second set of 4 wheels for the snow tires I will be purchasing.

1) The stock tires that my CTS V comes with- are they not to be used in the snow at all? Or are they considered "all season" tires?

2) Where is a good place to look for new used CTS V wheels? I tried Ebay but the cheapest I could find for 4 was $1600! I saw the ONLY set on tirerack, but I'm not sure if I like their look better than the stock wheels.

3) If I call a few Cadillac dealers, what are they charging for wheels?

4) Can you put "non" run flat tires on the wheels? Do I need tire pressure sensors for the wheels?

5) Is there such a thing as run flat snow tires?

Again guys, thanks for your time!

If there are any dealers or memebers reading this, can you post here if you can give me a deal on new or used original CTS V wheels? I don't necessarily care if they're scuffed.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1) No, absolutlely not. They are ultra high performance tires for dry conditions. Period.

2) The best place to find V wheels is this forum and Ebay. Peruse daily and often.

3) More than you will find elsewhere.

4) Yes. No, but you might as well.

5) No.

-MB

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks for such quick answers. Stealth V, what exactly are "self supporting" tires vs. run flat tires? Are you happy with those Dunlop Wintersports? I saw on Tirerack.com that they were quite highly rated vs. its competitors.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Self-supporting is Dunlop speak for run-flats.

With the Wintersports, the V is acceptable in a few inches of snow. Anything more and leave it parked.

Continental may have winter run-flats as well...seem to recall GM using them during pre-production testing.

·
Registered
CTS-V
238 Posts
From the FAQ parts list, the 18x8.5" stock wheel is listed at part # 9595354, with an MSRP of $632.15 per wheel (w/o centercap), or lug nut caps. GM PartsDirect lists it as $397.95 (+shipping), per wheel.

I'm looking for at least one, and maybe 4 stock wheels myself, but they have been a bit more scarce on the forum. If anyone has any in good shape they'd care to sell for less, e-mail me at: [email protected].

Brian R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No you do not need run flat tires however you do not have a spare and no you do not need tire pressure sensors however you will have a message at the D.I.C

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
After running without TPS for ~50 miles the DIC message will go away and full control over the stability system is regained.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shameless plug: I have a set of stock V wheels with the runflats, 5300 miles, $800 for the set or $225/250 each, will split shipping costs to lower 48 states (I'm in Maryland). [email protected]

Dave : end plug. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys but I went the since wheel set route with the all-seasons (unfortunately!) Thanks for the offers......

ualdriver

·
Registered
45 Posts
Daffy said:
Shameless plug: I have a set of stock V wheels with the runflats, 5300 miles, $800 for the set or $225/250 each, will split shipping costs to lower 48 states (I'm in Maryland). [email protected]

Dave : end plug. :)
Dave,
Would you be willing to split them up? Please :) I'd like one wheel (and the tire if you will let it go - the wife curbed one of my wheels pretty bad) for a spare...when I switch to non-run flats. I'm in MD - Mont. Co. and will do pick-up to save the shipping
TIA,
Crispy

PS: sorry for the hi-jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts