Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power antenna on my car broke, so we found one from a '93 Eldorado at the junk yard, and picked it up. attached to the antenna 9well we took it off for now) is a smallish 4 channel amp, made by Delco, must have came with the Eldo's factory, or as an upgrade....who knows.

I don't know anything about it, power output or anything, it is small, and I woudln't think up to the job of driving subs or something, but maybe to power the rear 6x9's? who knows, then it would take some strain from my HU out (Alpine CDA-9807)

Got it all for $50, including the amp, we got the power antenna in, and it works great, does anyone have any info on this amp? know anything about it?

model number is:

What woudl you guys recomend, use it to power all 4 speakers? just the 2 rear 6x9's or not use it at all?

Right now, once I find some info about it, I would like to see if I could havbe it powering the rear 6x9's and have the Alpine power the front 5 1/4" and tweets

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I dont know anything about it, so I would start google-ing........ Always a good place to start......

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello,
I had a similar unit in the back of my '90 Mercury Grand Marquis. It was for powering the stock speakers because the factory head unit doesn't have any amplifiers inside it- it's just a preamp. The likelihood is that this amp has proprietary jumpers on it which make it function only with the stock head unit that the donor '93 Eldo had. It may have been a Bose system, in which case the amp would be designed for the bose head unit and speakers.

I woudln't bother with it, they generally are not very powerful- no more than your Alpine head unit. Your Alpine doesn't mind driving 4 speakers, that's what it was designed to do. It may even have MORE power than the Cadillac amp.

Hope this helps you.

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Azriel