Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this. I have searched and searched and anytime looking for a larger tire all the posts are about dropping your lade and putting low profile tires. I have a 99 Escalade that is getting new power and a supercharger this week. I am looking for the largest rim and tire I can put on without heavy body modifications and without lifting the truck. I love the look of a dropped Escalade but I have sport cars for that affect and looking to create a fun off road toy. The problem with tire rack is they stay pretty conservative and their 1 up recommendation is smaller then the tire I currently have on the truck and it does not rub at all. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I cannot seem to find any info on this. I am looking for the widest, largest tire without lift. Thanks.

Although should be a seperate thread, but if anyone has exhaust recommendations for the same truck would also appreciate. From what I understand, on the 99 Escalade it has 1 cat and merges from manifold. Looking to add true dual exhaust with headers and high performance cats. Seems like Borla and Corsa and all the other companies have very little for 99 Escalades. Again, ANY assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Well what size tires do you have now?

305/40-22s (or a tire with 32" overall height) should fit without rubbing. However remember any kind of real offroad tire like the BFG All Terrain, or Toyo Open Country have more depth of tread so you'll need to take that into account.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I currently have 275/75R16 on there. They are BFG T/A KO's. I am looking to keep the same kind of high wall tire. Use the truck alot for offroad and beach and dont want to drag my rims through the sand. :)

So basically as long as the overall height does not exceed 32" I should be fine? Also meaning I should stick with a smaller diameter rim if I want to put beefy tires on correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Not necessarily a smaller diameter wheel. You can do the following sizes (All availible in offroad styles):

285/75-16
285/70-17
285/65-18
285/55-20

All those sizes are almost the exact same height. Just remember though if you use these (or any larger) sizes that you most likely will need to crank up the torsion bars to get the extra clearance in the front.

If I were you I'd go with 285/65-18s with a 18x8.5" wheel. 18x9s may be useable but are typically designed for lifted trucks and therefore on a standard suspension truck like yours they'd rub the control arms and body when turning.

I did fit a 275/45-20 on a 20x10 on a 2003 GMC Yukon that was lowered 3" though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts