Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a ASC 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible Biarritz. My top wiring has a short in it. I go to press the button for the top and it won't go up or down. Well i check the top motor it's good. I check the relys in the back they are good. The switch check out good. So i started to check the wiring going from the relys in the back. And i found that, in the wiring that the light blue wiring has a positve current in it. And it shoud be negative.I think that's how they activate the relys in the back for the top, when the windows go down. So the help i need is how is the wiring done under the dash? Because that how far i have got. I did fine a green box so far under the dash, i know it's tie in with it. But i'm still looking for the main wiring to it. I know it tie in to the windows. Well i know how it works is when you hit the down button the windows go down first then the top. I just want it to work like factory that all. Any help wood be good! And has any body have the same problem and did you find an fix for it? I know i can bypass it and run it straight to the top motor. And it wood work. But like i said just want it factoy.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts