Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
06 cts
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2000 base deville, and last year i happened into some heated/cooled seats from an 05. My car doesnt have the heated/cooled seats, so i just slapped the covers on and havent thought much else.

Now im curious what i could do to take advantage of the heated/cooled features(if anything the heated would be optimal). I know to do it right id be replacing door modules and wiring harnesses and thats more work than its worth. But what im wanting to know if there is any way, via a switching system i could tap the wiring from my seats into my cars wiring, flip a switch one way for heat, the other for cooled. I would *think* this is possible, i am by no means an electronics buff, so this is just wild speculation. I would assume if given the proper voltage, it should work just fine. Any ideas or tips? Id love to atleast get these things to heat up for the winter.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
You need to tap into a fuse in your fuse box I would go with a fuse that falls under acc function and install a 3 way switch and fuse it post if you have anymore questions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts