Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'80 Eldorado, '78 Eldorado
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is There Any1 Here Who Is Familiar W/79-85 Eldorado Electrical System? Here Is My Problem: Car Sat F/6-8mths., No Heat, No Blower, And Of Course No Ac. It Blew Heat B4, But Not Now Any Help Or Direction Will B Helpful. Also How Expensive Is The Repairs On These Models I Have Access To Getting Parts Just Need Some Help.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
According to your profile this is an 80 Eldo. Remove the center plate around the radio and climate control. Disconnect and pull out the climate control assembly, look at the wiring connector that plugs into the back of it, usually the large orange wire melts in the connector or the connection for the plug is corroded. Sometimes you can cut the orange wire out of the plug and install a better connector on it. Another thing that happens is behind the glove box is the bank of relays, that orange wire goes to a relay there. It can melt that connector as well. Pull the glove box liner to better ck it out. Hope this helps. The climate controls are different after 1981, so this only applies the the earlier Eldos.

·
Registered
'80 Eldorado, '78 Eldorado
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks A Lot Gonna Look Into That This Weekend. Once I Take Care Of That I Can Move On 2 Paint: Black Base W/mini Red Flakes On Tha Hood Roof & Trunk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts