Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
STS 93 & 97
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 cadillac seville sts, I just recently replaced my ignition lock cylinder due to the theft
problem notification showing up. I got new keys made to match the resistance of the old ones, put
them in and the car started up, however it started up sluggish and slow. I also replaced my upper
radiator hose due to some leaking. While Driving, the hose came off and doused the front of my engine with coolant. I pulled over to a parking Space and inspected the damage. When I tried to start my car again, I got the theft system notification.

I did some more inspecting and after a few minutes, it started up again. Out of fear of it not starting
If I had turned it off, I decided to drive it home and park it. After which I tried to start it and it would
Not. I let it sit For a day, went out to start it and it did four times in a row. I did not drive it, just let it sit. The next
day I tried it again. It started up yet again four time in a row. And again, I let it sit. The next day
However I tried to start it and I got the theft notification again. At this point I'm thinking something
must have shorted out when the coolant fell everywhere. So I focus my attention on the started since
It is close to where the the upper radiator hose came loose. I'm thinking maybe some of the wires had
Gotten wet or I have a problem with the starter itself. So I remove the starter and have it tested and it works fine so I go home and replace it. Thinking my new lock cylinder has gone bad somehow, I get
Yet another new one and replace it. I get another set of keys and when I get home to try it, I get the
same theft notification. So now I'm in the process of trying to diagnose the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,184 Posts
Re: Need some help

Welcome :wave:

Start by pulling the DTC's. See the DTC Sticky at the top of the forum if you need help. Post the codes AND their definitions.

·
Registered
STS 93 & 97
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Need some help

thank you for the help, but i have another question which may seem small. i tried to get the codes but my battery was dead. but my question is can i get the codes just by turning the key to the on position, or do i need to actually have the engine on?

·
Super Moderator
87,184 Posts
No need to have the engine on, but if the battery is dead and you remove it, pulling the cables will clear the codes.

·
Registered
STS 93 & 97
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I did change the battery and I checked the code and I got three

P052 - PCM memory reset
I039 - loss of road sensing suspension data
I052 - keep alive memory error

Now the second code I believe is showing because I have the car on four jack stands
But the other two I'm not sure.

·
Registered
STS 93 & 97
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have done some research on these codes. and i am a bit disapointed. what is on my mind is that i saw on a website that if you check the codes and get the " keep alive memory error " code then you may need to change your pcm or ecm. does this sound right?

·
Super Moderator
87,184 Posts
No! Not exactly sure what that means, but it is rather common, especially if you have pulled battery power.

·
Registered
STS 93 & 97
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have also noticed a silver box under my glove box. I thought that was the PCM but I am mistaken, does
Anyone know what this module is called?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts