Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Sandusky OH Wednesday. My wife and I plan on going to Cedar Point and staying on Kelly Island. Any recomendtions as far as scenic drives or places of intrest?
thanks
Greg

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
In my experience, the most scenic is any direction in which Ohio is in the rear view mirror.

Ka-chow.

:cowboy:

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Lake Rd. East or West. OR Marblehead. Jump on Rt 2 get off anywhere and head north until you dead end. Thats lake rd. Go East to Cleve, its a beautiful drive....

F

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,706 Posts
Flat as a pancake. Might be some winerys that will help twist the road for you. Living in NE Ohio our moto group usually head SE Ohio for the best in state riding. Your passengers night not like it. :)

Norm

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
If you go west, you can go to Chicago, except it is at the bottom of lake Michigan.

Cleveland is at the bottom of Lake Erie.

You are supposed to laugh now.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Actually, if you go several hundred miles east. Coudersport, Pa. Check map. A few miles south of there is a spot called Pa grand canyon or something like that. Really impressive. Coudersport probably has 2 or 3 traffic lights and I think a Vette. Cold as hell in winter. 25 below zero F.

It is on Route 6.

Father and son from there were just sent to prison for SEC violations with big cable company. Heck, that may have been the source of the Vette.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
I could make a thousand bad remarks about the Mistake on the Lake but in reality, there's a lot to see and do if you go into Cleveland.

Rock and Roll HOF
Go south a few miles to Akron/Canton for Pro Football HOF
I don't know if the Indians are in town but the ballyard is nice.

Try http://www.travelcleveland.com/ for other ideas.

Visit the Cuyahoga River - the only river to catch fire (Let's sing "when the sun goes down on the Cuyahoga River flowing into Cleveland to the lake.....)

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
A little further west and a bit north is the Irish Hills in So Mi (<-- that's for those Southern California guys :D ... only you need to include Do Re Fa La Ti, too).

·
Registered
'07 CTS V
24 Posts
Hope you have a sense of humor because you're going to get a lot of spam on this request.

If I where me I would type 10017 into the GPS and drive.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Valley Parkway from Strongsville to Lakewood is a surprisingly gorgeous drive that is in a valley that almost transports you away from anything that looks like a city. Cleveland is actually a pretty nice city to visit.

I also found some of the back roads going from Mid-Ohio towards Canton and Akron quite fun to tool around in...

·
Registered
Cadillac
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Greg:

A great scenic drive is Mid-Ohio Raceway! :)

Feff
Probably the only place anyone breaks 70 mph in this state. Thanks for all the help full input. We are staying on Kelley Island till Sat AM, at which time we will go to cleveland and explore a little, before returning to effingham. In regards to the wineries we found one and a great microbrew. Just woke up from a 5 hour "nap"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts