Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

Finally getting around to do a pulley upgrade.

Current mods are AirRaid CAI, Corsa Sport Axle back, Waitforme tune. VMAX ported TB on the way.

This is my daily driver, needs to stay that way.

Questions are:

1)Going to put in a 2.5 upper. A few choices on what to get. D3 kit? (D3 kit is confusing on their site). Lingenfelter LSA kit? Metco by the piece?

2)Do I need an 100mm idler pulley, or no?

3)Do I need a 160 t-stat, or is it a waste?

4)Going to drop in ID850's. Seems that is the consensus here as opposed to keeping stock injectors in. Anyone disagree with that decision?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98' Eldorado ESC
740 Posts
Get the injectors another member completely trashed his engine by running the stock injectors. He will probably chime In and agree.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx gents. Yes getting the injectors, thx. and going to dyno tune.

If I just do the upper pulley for now, 2.55, do I need the 100mm idler pulley? Mixed responses on this on both forums.

Also mixed responses on the solid isolator. I will probably drop one in because the stock one rattles and looks like it was make from legos.

I have 24K miles on my car.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6, 752 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst
1,110 Posts
Yank snout, do the isolator and the lpe hub with a 2.38/injectors 850s/idler pulley & tune.

Thermostat is a waste.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Black Diamond Edition Sedan
89 Posts
I did a Metco 2.4 upper with isolator and idler. IMHO isolator and idler are a must for SC longevity and efficiency. for $40 a 160 thermo wouldn't hurt with a bottle of water wetter.. injectors is a definite yes even though "wait4me" will tell you how they aren't necessary and how he is always right about everything. as "V locity" said above. you don't need the snout/tb... with just the upper pulley you wont make excessive boost which would require a ported snout. if you were running like a 2.4 upper and 9.1 or larger lower. you'd be making 17+ lbs of boost which would require the bigger snout and lid spacer etc so you wouldn't have turbulence forcing too much air into the SC..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts